Thread: Recommendations

Recommendations

Hello friends- I am planning to buy a Unique Deluxe Kit within the next year and was wondering, based on your experiences, what are some of the things you wish you would have done (options in kit, paint, engine choice, etc.) or not done.

Any input would be appreciated. Including input from the Weavers. (You've got my business, its just a matter of time.)

Thanks

Dave,
    You have already made the best decision to go with Unique. Unique builds a nice car and the Weavers are good people.
    I used Bruce Bunn to paint my car. It's not ready yet, but I've seen his work and in a few days I will report on mine.
    I passed on the oil cooler and rear Carrera's early on and later changed my mind and added them in. Should've done that in the beginning, I'm glad I came to my senses and added them in before it was too late.
    I assured my wife that even though I would use up 2 of the 3 bays in the garage, her inside parking spot was not in danger during the build, my truck is outside.
    I went to Southern for the engine. Just realize early on you don't OWN one of Bill's engines, you borrow them, or adopt them, I'm not sure which

I'd be glad to discuss the build if you want to e-mail me.

chill

Unique 289FIA
    Southern 396 Stroker

Dave,
    You have already made the best decision to go with Unique. Unique builds a nice car and the Weavers are good people.
    I used Bruce Bunn to paint my car. It's not ready yet, but I've seen his work and in a few days I will report on mine.
    I passed on the oil cooler and rear Carrera's early on and later changed my mind and added them in. Should've done that in the beginning, I'm glad I came to my senses and added them in before it was too late.
    I assured my wife that even though I would use up 2 of the 3 bays in the garage, her inside parking spot was not in danger during the build, my truck is outside.
    I went to Southern for the engine. Just realize early on you don't OWN one of Bill's engines, you borrow them, or adopt them, I'm not sure which

I'd be glad to discuss the build if you want to e-mail me.

chill

Unique 289FIA
    Southern 396 Stroker

Too many good things to say. Just look here - Http://www.creeperscobra.com

Too many good things to say. Just look here - Http://www.creeperscobra.com

Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure I will be contacting both of you in the future.

Creeper- Great website. That will come in handy when I do my build.

Thanks again.

David

Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure I will be contacting both of you in the future.

Creeper- Great website. That will come in handy when I do my build.

Thanks again.

David

Dave, I've built 3 Unique 427SC's. Feel free to use me as a resource also.
    - Geary Sarno

Dave, I've built 3 Unique 427SC's. Feel free to use me as a resource also.
    - Geary Sarno

If your going with a big block car, 427 S/C get the upgraded brakes. I see alot of folks changing or wishing they had gone with the upgrade at the time of build. You know you have got to stop these THINGS!

Eliminator

If your going with a big block car, 427 S/C get the upgraded brakes. I see alot of folks changing or wishing they had gone with the upgrade at the time of build. You know you have got to stop these THINGS!

Eliminator