Thread: That G.D. center cap.....

That G.D. center cap.....

[B)]

OK, ok, so, I've tried for about 1/2 hr. now to get the g*%d@mn steering wheel center cap to stay in the wheel, with no luck whatsoever. I know it says AC, but there's no good reason I can think of for the car to spit it out every time I push it in. I'm open for suggestions how to get it in place right....help.[xx(]

Yeehah

Use a little dab of clear silicone in 2-3 places around the center cap. Don't use to much it's kind of like Bryl-cream, a little dab will do ya.

Poorboy

Use a little dab of clear silicone in 2-3 places around the center cap. Don't use to much it's kind of like Bryl-cream, a little dab will do ya.

Poorboy

I've used Lithium grease as well. It also "moisturizes" rubber and other petroleum based products. I put it on my refrigerator door seals as well to keep them supple.

I've used Lithium grease as well. It also "moisturizes" rubber and other petroleum based products. I put it on my refrigerator door seals as well to keep them supple.

Gotcha. Put a little LESS silicone grease on it, pushed/shoved/grunted/cursed at it for about 15 more minutes and - so far - it's staying. Not quite fully seated tight to the wheel surface, but I'll keep working on it. At least it doesn't pop back out into my lap anymore. Thanks, guys.

Yeehah

Gotcha. Put a little LESS silicone grease on it, pushed/shoved/grunted/cursed at it for about 15 more minutes and - so far - it's staying. Not quite fully seated tight to the wheel surface, but I'll keep working on it. At least it doesn't pop back out into my lap anymore. Thanks, guys.

Yeehah