Thread: dura spark hook-up

dura spark hook-up

Having a problem getting my tach to hook up with the dura spark control module provided with my Southern Automotive 351C. There is a wiring pigtail from the control module labeled "tach" which has four wires. I assume I only need the signal wire in that bundle but there was no wiring diagram provided with the dura spark kit. Ran a wire directly from the "-" side of the coil to the signal post on the tack and got a reading, but I suspect that it was not accurate (too high). Anyone broken the code on hooking the dura spark harness up to the Unique wiring harness?? Engine runs great...only issue is making the tach work.

If it is like the one we put on my son's 68 Mustang you need to get the Tach module for your type of tach that connects to the pigtail from the dura spark control module, it then has the correct output for your tach.

Jerry, 72 Pantera
    owner and soon to be Cobra Builder

If it is like the one we put on my son's 68 Mustang you need to get the Tach module for your type of tach that connects to the pigtail from the dura spark control module, it then has the correct output for your tach.

Jerry, 72 Pantera
    owner and soon to be Cobra Builder

Thanks Jerry- have done some more research and am reconsidering my concern that the reading directly from the coil may have been correct after all. Will try to confirm this weekend.

Phil Souza
    289 comp rdstr
    351C
    Mineral Grey
    PSE 15" Kidney Beans

Thanks Jerry- have done some more research and am reconsidering my concern that the reading directly from the coil may have been correct after all. Will try to confirm this weekend.

Phil Souza
    289 comp rdstr
    351C
    Mineral Grey
    PSE 15" Kidney Beans