Thread: Hey, Alan....

Hey, Alan....

While you're out there, any advise you may have on set-up of the front sway bar might be good. Mine is as delivered; not being a suspension genius, I'm curious if it should be preloaded / unloaded / biased / etc.

Any hints?

Yeehah

TurnpikeBoy:
    My Unique has front and rear bars. Both were set with no preload, adjusted level, and tightened with the car resting on level ground. The only changes I made were to tap and replace the the rear mount bolts with larger 3/8 inch bolts and to replace the rubber bushings with greasable polyurethane units available from the local A&A Automotive. The car exhibits good control in the Pennsylvania "Twisty's". (Should also work in Jersey)

-Aggressor

TurnpikeBoy:
    My Unique has front and rear bars. Both were set with no preload, adjusted level, and tightened with the car resting on level ground. The only changes I made were to tap and replace the the rear mount bolts with larger 3/8 inch bolts and to replace the rubber bushings with greasable polyurethane units available from the local A&A Automotive. The car exhibits good control in the Pennsylvania "Twisty's". (Should also work in Jersey)

-Aggressor

Thanks, Geary - really out of my element when it comes to suspension tuning. Will apply your way of things.

I don't have the rear bar; does it make much difference?

Yeehah

Thanks, Geary - really out of my element when it comes to suspension tuning. Will apply your way of things.

I don't have the rear bar; does it make much difference?

Yeehah