Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malfunctioning SW Tach

Is it me or is that water temp guage have the wrong scale? Can one specify Autometer gauges in the Deluxe Palet Kit? I think that's the way I would go when I have enough pennies saved.

--Patrick

Yep, the pic of that Autometer temp gauge shows a Celsius model....I'd be shocked if they didn't have a Fahrenheit version. Anyone, know off hand what a set of those cost?

Clay

Unique 9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Yep, the pic of that Autometer temp gauge shows a Celsius model....I'd be shocked if they didn't have a Fahrenheit version. Anyone, know off hand what a set of those cost?

Clay

Annapolis, MD

You are correct - the oil and water temp read in "C", not "F". I don't know if they carry the "F" version, but I'm fine with the European version [^] - goes well with the reverse speedo. I got mine with my Deluxe Pallet Kit at the same price as the SW's.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

You are correct - the oil and water temp read in "C", not "F". I don't know if they carry the "F" version, but I'm fine with the European version [^] - goes well with the reverse speedo. I got mine with my Deluxe Pallet Kit at the same price as the SW's.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

WB - Thanks for the information on the 'vintage' style Autometer gauges. If I were building a Cobra today I would definatly use these guages. They look great! You could also directly replace a Smith's set with these, hence the 'C' temp gauge instead of 'F'. However, they would not be a direct replacement for SW guages due to the size difference. I believe Enzo is also offering the Autometer set. Check his site for price. Does anyone know of a replacement guage set that replicates a SW set in size and looks? Thanks!

WB - Thanks for the information on the 'vintage' style Autometer gauges. If I were building a Cobra today I would definatly use these guages. They look great! You could also directly replace a Smith's set with these, hence the 'C' temp gauge instead of 'F'. However, they would not be a direct replacement for SW guages due to the size difference. I believe Enzo is also offering the Autometer set. Check his site for price. Does anyone know of a replacement guage set that replicates a SW set in size and looks? Thanks!

It looks like one of the members over on ClubCobra purchased and installed the MSD Tach Adapter and solved his eratic tach behavior. I'll probably do the same thing during the winter. I started that thread after I spoke to MSD techline following my engine replacement.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

It looks like one of the members over on ClubCobra purchased and installed the MSD Tach Adapter and solved his eratic tach behavior. I'll probably do the same thing during the winter. I started that thread after I spoke to MSD techline following my engine replacement.

Tony,

More details or a link to that ClubCobra site would be appreciated if you have them.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Tony,

More details or a link to that ClubCobra site would be appreciated if you have them.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Clay, go to www.clubcobra.com and look in the "shop talk" forum. There's a pretty long thread about this tach issue.

Clay, go to www.clubcobra.com and look in the "shop talk" forum. There's a pretty long thread about this tach issue.