Thread: Car Cover

Car Cover

I'm looking for an inexpensive cover to use in the garage so it doesn't need to be the best. I've heard a Miata cover is a good fit can anyone verify this or provide a make and part number.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Randy,

I don't know what you mean by "inexpensive" dollar amount. California Car Covers have them to fit your car and at several price ranges for indoor covers. Just remember you have an expensive paint job your covering and you don't want something to scratch it up. I have had two of their covers, the one I bought was about 195.00 and it was mid range cover in price. I was given there best cover, indoor and outdoor and it's about 250.00 - 275.00 range. www.calcarcover.com. Just get one for a Cobra FIA with a single roll bar, they make them to order and takes about 5-10 days.

Eliminator

Randy,

I don't know what you mean by "inexpensive" dollar amount. California Car Covers have them to fit your car and at several price ranges for indoor covers. Just remember you have an expensive paint job your covering and you don't want something to scratch it up. I have had two of their covers, the one I bought was about 195.00 and it was mid range cover in price. I was given there best cover, indoor and outdoor and it's about 250.00 - 275.00 range. www.calcarcover.com. Just get one for a Cobra FIA with a single roll bar, they make them to order and takes about 5-10 days.

Eliminator

If you have a COSCO in your area they have generic covers for about $50.that will do the job if the car is stored indoors...
    Randy,

Eliminator is correct about the California Covers... I ordered one for the FIA and it's a perfect fit... Really amazed me how well it fit.
    Was not expecting that quality... But it was about $180. or somewhere around that...

AL

If you have a COSCO in your area they have generic covers for about $50.that will do the job if the car is stored indoors...
    Randy,

Eliminator is correct about the California Covers... I ordered one for the FIA and it's a perfect fit... Really amazed me how well it fit.
    Was not expecting that quality... But it was about $180. or somewhere around that...

AL

I purchased one from Finishline that I am well pleased with. http://www.cobraaccessories.com/cata...products_id=89
    It is has a soft flannel inside that won't scratch the paint and also doesn't trap moisture. Traped moisture can damage the electrical and mechanical componenets of your car. Cost is $185 It will fit with the top on or off. My daughter's Miata sits in the garage next to my Cobra. They are very close in size, although I think the Cobra maybe slightly wider. I would think that car covers would be interchangable between the two cars.

I purchased one from Finishline that I am well pleased with. http://www.cobraaccessories.com/cata...products_id=89
    It is has a soft flannel inside that won't scratch the paint and also doesn't trap moisture. Traped moisture can damage the electrical and mechanical componenets of your car. Cost is $185 It will fit with the top on or off. My daughter's Miata sits in the garage next to my Cobra. They are very close in size, although I think the Cobra maybe slightly wider. I would think that car covers would be interchangable between the two cars.

Pep Boys. There's even has a Cobra on the front of the box.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

Pep Boys. There's even has a Cobra on the front of the box.

Tony did you buy one of those? Which part number? I just need something to keep the dust off while it's in the garage.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Tony did you buy one of those? Which part number? I just need something to keep the dust off while it's in the garage.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Randy, I have an extra one I bought for my daughter's Civic. It's just taking up space in my garage. If you want it, it's yours. The one I got at Pep Boys is a bit softer. I think they only have two or three sizes. The Cobra is the small one. The brand is the one with the red 427 SC on the front of the box.

Randy, I have an extra one I bought for my daughter's Civic. It's just taking up space in my garage. If you want it, it's yours. The one I got at Pep Boys is a bit softer. I think they only have two or three sizes. The Cobra is the small one. The brand is the one with the red 427 SC on the front of the box.

I'll take it. The box with the red Cobra has several sizes listed.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

I'll take it. The box with the red Cobra has several sizes listed.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver