Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest Acquisition

David,
    You may want to know that the posts on your lift are extruded too... No worry though, extrusion does not mean compromised strength. Since the post is in compression that's the part of the device that is the least of your worries - I haven't seen a lift yet where the posts were the weak link. Those locking dogs, the lifting cables or rotary rods, that's where the focus needs to be placed to determine quality and safety.
    Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA - 351W with 8 stack EFI - Formerly known as the "Legendary Spence Car"

Just to Clarify

Rotary Lift a Division of Dover Corp. out of Madison, IN does not use China parts that are assembled in Indiana. The lifts are all fabricated and made in Indiana.
    I have looked at all these lifts for 4 to 5 years and in my opion the Revolution lift blows all others out of the water. So to get a lift of that caliber for that price it was a no brainer. So I trust my own judgement when it comes to mecanical engineering and I am very happy with mine. If other folks are happy with theirs then good deal.

Note: Rotarys main business, 98%, commercial lifts, for the Automotive indsustry, they own the industry.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Come on Christmas

My wife has encouraged me to get one of these in my new shop for Christmas. It was one of my plans to begin with so I went with a 11'6" side with a 12'6" center. Since I do all our oil changes and general maintence it wouldn't only be used for one car.

Its getting harder to move around under cars anymore.

4 Year old posts being brought back up

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but davids2toys is bringing up 4 year old posts and treating them as if they are current.
    Jer

All those four post drive on lifts are good for is waxing your frame and storing another car under it.

It is a waste of money otherwise. JMHO
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thumbs up

Diego- like you wife without even having met her!

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by nolastyankee View Post
    David,
    You may want to know that the posts on your lift are extruded too... No worry though, extrusion does not mean compromised strength. Since the post is in compression that's the part of the device that is the least of your worries - I haven't seen a lift yet where the posts were the weak link. Those locking dogs, the lifting cables or rotary rods, that's where the focus needs to be placed to determine quality and safety.
    Point taken, I guess what I meant was open extrusion...Mine is a 1/8 inch thick closed hollow pole with laser cut holes for the dogs to go into. The fact the poles(uprights) are open and being compressed down will try and make the opening spread more open. There is lots of info on their site if anyone is interested. At the time, I was very interested in safety and I am just trying to share what I had learned...as i have said previously, not trying to down anyone's stuff here!
    Dave
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cowing View Post
    I don't know if you guys have noticed, but davids2toys is bringing up 4 year old posts and treating them as if they are current.
    I thought in forums you are always encouraged to search out old messages and threads first, before you start new subjects and questions. I found this thread because I was looking for information about the rear coilover installation and somebody said in a post that they posted instructions in this thread about the lift, so then of course I found this thread interesting so I posted to it, and yes, I have done this with other threads and gotten great and helpful results, people have done this with old threads of mine on the Mustang forums all the time, so I guess I don't understand your point, what exactly am I doing wrong here? If I find a thread, that is helpful for what I am doing , but I have a question or further clarification needed, I think posting to it is fine, that way when I get help it is also on there for others to use! What does it matter if it is four years old, I would have prefered if it was more current , but if that is all there is, you have no choice!
    Would you rather have people not search and just post a question everytime they have a problem or get stuck on their car?
    Dave
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

davids2toys

Yes, you are correct about doing a search before posting - good on you. The problem arose when folks were trying to get this "new" Unique manual thinking it was a current post and not 4 years old. When they tried to send an email it was rejected because that person is no longer on the Forum. Just some confusion that I thought most folks were overlooking and I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't know how to solve the problem of the way posts are brought back from the past. I guess everyone just needs to pay closer attention to the dates and that is what I was trying to bring to everyone's attention.
    Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cowing View Post
    davids2toys

Yes, you are correct about doing a search before posting - good on you. The problem arose when folks were trying to get this "new" Unique manual thinking it was a current post and not 4 years old. When they tried to send an email it was rejected because that person is no longer on the Forum. Just some confusion that I thought most folks were overlooking and I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't know how to solve the problem of the way posts are brought back from the past. I guess everyone just needs to pay closer attention to the dates and that is what I was trying to bring to everyone's attention.
    Ok, I understand much better now, but just because something is 4 years old does not mean it does not apply or not available...it would be quite foolish to make that assumption.
    that being said, it would be great to have a real assy/dissassembly manual, with some good detailed specs, pics, torques, and instruction for a UNIQUE COBRA.
    I actually downloaded the ERA assy manual from their site and there is a lot of info there, but still, it is not for our car...somethings are close and helpful and some are way way off or are just plain different, much like Ford to Chevy I suppose...lol
    Regards...Dave
    Dave