Thread: First ride

First ride

I was finally able to take my first ride for any distance this morning. In the pastI had only taken it out around the block a few times. Wow. Had a 25 minute ride into work this morning at 52 degrees outside. It was outstanding!

Thanks again to everyone posting on this site as well as to the Weavers for a great car.

Scott

i think we all remember that "first" ride. and remember all the gawkers, thumbs ups, waves, and smiles of appreciation as we drive by other drivers. but, i don't remember many appreicative looks from the corvette drivers. most don't even want to let you know that they notice you.

congrats, have fun.

doug

Ditto what Doug said. That first "extended" ride is something you will remember for a long time. Just make sure you check now-n-then to insure everything is tight! I'm embarrassed to say this... but - on our first long drive (140 mi) my passenger door almost fell off [8][B)] The lower shoulder bolt had worked loose and fallen out. We were rolling down a country road and my bride looked at me and said, "Honey is the door suppose to do this?" Fortunately it was an easy fix Glad it wasn't a header bolt, or...... (?)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil, perhaps you should have taken care of you agent better....forget about it, I ain't coming back.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Scott. First ride is memorable. Glad you had a great one. I had a similar adventure as Phil. Everything worked flawlessly except that I forgot in my haste to connect the wires to the brake pressure switch. Of course I later found out that it really did not make a difference as you really have to stand on the pedal to get the brake lights on!!

Ralph