Thread: Rick Dorman - Selling?

Rick Dorman - Selling?

Rick,

I see over on CC that you've got your car on the block. Wazzup? At that stage in your life where a Rolls Phantom is more to your liking? Explain yourself!

Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

No Rolls thank you! Any more than two seats is to many! I put it out there and if it sells, it sells. If it doesn't well then it doesn't! If it does there will be another Cobra in the garage. But this time I am thinking of building one myself. Since I put the post out there yesterday I have actually thought about just deleting it. I am rather found of the car!
    Rick

Rick.....get a grip man! If you want to build one yourself, just take yours apart, and build it again! You could change the color, engine, whatever, or you could just screw it back together again.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

OK Dorman, what's up?????

You got a line on something metal or something...

You're not falling for the Kirkham glass car are you?

I know they were looking for some Guinea Pigs to do a build... Do I hear an "oink"?

Got to go check out the ad....

AL

Clay that has really kind of always been the plan. Get every thing just the way I want, take the whole car apart and refresh the whole thing. Of course this would be years from now so by then it will be a restoration! Maybe for its 25th birthday (in seven years).

Casa, I really have no clue what the heck I am doing! If it doesn't sell it won't break my heart. I certainly don't need to sell it. Just kind of kicking the idea around and put it out there is see what the market is like.

I am not really even sure what I would do different on a new car. Maybe a different color, maybe a bigger motor, maybe a five speed, maybe a roll bar, who knows. All of course I can just do to this car. Am I talking myself out of this? Don't know why I need a bigger motor. Assuming a 20% loss it makes 401 HP and 441 ft/lb and the cam kicks the bucket about 1000 rpm below what the thing was built to run at so more HP is just a cam change away. Five speed would be nice for long trips, of course it would still appear to be a four in the cockpit. I like the clean lines with no roll bar but that limits what I can do with the car and it would be nice to have from a safety standpoint. I am thinking about taking the car to full street specs.

Who knows!

Rick