Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One door closes, another one opens

One door closes, another one opens

Well, had the best time of my life with my cloths on this past weekend. Met some great people and the fellowship was wonderful! Never laughted so much in my life

Went into work today only to be layed off because of a reduction of force after 16 years[xx(] But I did get a good severance package so don't feel sorry for me Looks like ol' Kelly gonna take some time off and play with the car

Might be time for a career change! Now if I could figure out a way to make a living with the cars we so love

Kelly, Man that is awful. Call me, I have something you may be interested in. 706-733-8135

Steve Foushee

Sorry Kelly....e-mail me with details on what you do.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Sorry man. I hope this works out for the better.

Best of luck.

Brent

Kelly post your resume and collectively we can try to help you out. Both Gayle and I are sorry for you and Jo. What a bummer after such a great weekend. It has happened to me before and it really did turn out better in the long run.
    Y'all are in our prayers,

ralphscott & gayle from TN

Kelly - You didn't happen to work for [company name removed for legal reasons], did you?

Keith
    Unique Motorcars
    Southern Automotive
    Bruce Bunn (the painter)

My Photo Album

Kelly - Best of luck! There's a running joke in our Atlanta group about the number of companies I have worked for that have been bought - it's pretty much one for every year over the past 4 years. Sometime I'm on the right side and sometimes not!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! A lot of caring on this site. Think I'll get hammered tonite[}] I'll let you all know how big of a hangover I have in the morning

Sorry about the news Kelly. I hope it works out for the better as well. I have to admit, having some quality time to spend with the car does sound attractive, I've only started on my laundry list developed during the past weekend.

john

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected

Kelly send us your resume when your ready, I will do anything I can to help. Your car rocks!!!!!!!!

Scott

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

That's a bummer [xx(] But from the tone of your post sounds like you have the proper outlook/perspective on the situation.

From what I've read related to your exploits at homecoming, you might be able to make a pretty handsome living selling rides in that car of yours (charge by the mile)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Damn right we care

Every person on this site has more in common than we will ever know.

Good luck Kelly.

Brent

Yeah, there's a little waxer in all of us

And the head's not pounding to bad[8D]

Kelly,

Sorry to hear the news. Best of luck with your next endeavor. Let me know if you decide to go into business givng rides in your Cobra. I might want to partner up with you. There could be worse things to do for a living than giving rides in a fast car to beautiful women and being paid for it.

Randy

Kelly:
    I’m a headhunter – have been since 1982 (unfortunately) . I work mid to upper level
    Manufacturing jobs nationally. I don’t know you industry experience, but I do know how
    And where to look for jobs. If you like, shoot me a resume. wes@excelassociates.com
    maybe I can help or at least give you some pointers.

Wes

'93 Unique 427/351W/4sp

Kelly,
    Got in on this late, sorry to hear about the job. Be sure to e-mail me your address so I can send you the package we talked about. I don't see you going very long without a job, you have a great personality, and a great outlook on life, plus a very supportive better half in Jo. As others stated let me know what you do or have done, remember I have a bunch of kin in South East Texas.

Rick

Kelly,
    I didn't see this post until today. Sorry to hear about your Monday. If there is anything that I can do to help you out, just let me know. I have spent a lot of time recruiting and can hold my own in the writing department...I'd be glad give you a hand with the resume if you need it, just say the word.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Bittentoo,

Like the rest, I am sorry to hear of your job circumstance. I know you will be alright. I know that because I read all the posts of support from your brothers..
    I got kinda weepy thinkin about how we all pull together when we have to. I can't really help you with a job search but Carolyn and I [u]can </u>include you in our evening prayers asking the Big Guy to notice your situation and give you a hand during this transitional period.
    I love this group of people. I look forward to being a part of all of you for years to come.

don't worry...be happy... everything is going to work out for the better

Take care,

Sundown

kelly, ive always found when its all said and done, and you land back on your feet, youll find youre better off than when you started. between my wife and myself weve gone thru the same thing at least 5 times in the last 25 years. hang in there. youll come out of this just fine. brian

Thanks guys! This is why I came here when I was down. The encouragement from everyone sure is nice