Thread: FOR SALE - 2000 Unique 427SC

FOR SALE - 2000 Unique 427SC

Hi all. I've decided to pull my 427SC out of consignment at Starrformance in GA for various reasons and will be listing my car here and on Club Cobra. The reasons I'm selling are really three fold: (1) ongoing business discussions for a 2-3 year expat assignment to Europe, (2) I've moved into downtown Atlanta with limited parking and horrible traffic, and (3) the car is "done" in terms of upgrades and being project-focused I'll need a new challenge.

Pricing
    Originally listed at $38k in consignment. I have dropped it to $34k as a direct sale.

Car Summary
    The car was built in 2000 by Bruce Botti of Botti Enterprise in Connecticut as a Deluxe Palet Kit 427SC from Unique Motorcars. Bruce was an authorized builder for Unique Motorcars and completed Cobras for several of Unique's customers in the Northeast. My car was Bruce's personal demo car and I purchased it in 2001. I've performance several key "upgrades" over the years, including: new high performance engine from Southern Automotive, Superformance seats, Autometer gauges, and Bilstein/Hypercoil suspention in October 2004.

Car Details
    Unique Motorcars 427SC
    Year of Manufacture State of Origin (MSO): 1965
    Year of Assembly: 2000
    Paint: White with Blue Stripes, PPG Urethane basecoat/clearcoat

General
    Hand-laid fiberglass body over a powder coated, rectangular tube ladder frame
    Leather seats (*** upgraded to Superformance Seats with driver's adjustable track)
    Autometer OEM Fit gauges: electric Ampmeter, electric Fuel Gauge, mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge, Oil Temp Gauge, 0-180MPH mechanical Reverse Speedo, electric Tach, and mechanical Water Temp.
    Original style black wool carpet
    Chromed driver's functional roll bar
    "Le Mans" quick fill gas cap
    Sun visors and wind wings
    Tonneau cover
    Original type rack and pinion steering with original spec column
    Original type Motolita wood steering wheel
    MK4 leather steering wheel
    Original type chrome plated brass windshield frame with glass windshield
    Original type wipers
    20 Gallon aluminum gas tank
    Custom Griffin aluminum radiator with aluminum shroud and a puller fan
    Original style pusher fans
    Ceramic coated sidepipes and custom headers
    Original style hood, trunk, and door latches
    Lakewood bell housing
    Front and rear competition quick jacks
    Battery cut-off switch
    Simpson harnesses
    Halon fire extinguisher
    Door sills with Ford emblems
    Lucas Tri-bar replica headlights
    Footbox aluminum heat shields
    Custom fit indoor car cover

Suspension and Running Gear
    Front: Custom tubular "A" arms, Mustang spindles, anti-sway bar, and Wilwood racing brakes
    Rear: Jaguar Salisbury IRS, Posi Track, 3:31 gears, and inboard brakes
    Bilstein shocks with Hypercoils at Front and Rear (*** upgrade from Carrera Coilovers)
    Wheels: 16 inch Team III wheels
    Front Tires: BF Goodrich T/A - 245/50R16
    Rear Tires: BF Goodrich T/A - 275/50R16

Transmission
    Rebuilt 4 speed Toploader
    Original type bent shifter

Engine (approximate 2500 miles)
    Southern Automotive "SuperFE" 452 CID rated at 530HP (per builder, not dyno yet)
    9.8:1 Compression
    Engine block: 390FE
    Oil system modified to 427 top oiler specs
    427 main cap cross bolts
    Edelbrock aluminum manifold
    Edelbrock aluminum heads with larger valves
    Oversized stainless steel valves
    Scat 4.250" stroke crankshaft
    Crankshaft windage tray
    Scat H-beam competition rods
    Custom pistons
    Roller rocker arms with end stands
    Holley 750 double pumper carb with turkey pan
    Canton racing oil pan
    Aluminum remote oil filter adapter w/ steel bracket
    Oil cooler with aluminum shroud
    Pent roof valve covers with 427 badges
    Billet aluminum water pump and crankshaft pulleys
    Chrome alternator
    Orignal Ford surge tank
    Original spec Stellings Chrome air cleaner with K&N filter
    Braided stainless hoses
    MSD igntion: Distributor, 6A control box, Blaster 2 coil, and 8.5mm Super Conductor wires
    New ministarter

Summary of key improvements: upgraded engine from original Southern Automotive FE406 to a "Super FE" (mileage on odometer is with new engine), replaced a straight hurst shifter with the correct bent shifter, replaced the standard Unique dash with original style dash layout and Autometer gauges, upgraded carrera coilovers to bilsteins and hypercoils, and replaced the Unique Seats with the Superformance seats. Car was just detailed and carb tune by Chuck Keene at Georgia Hot Rods.

All engine and transmission work has been done by Southern Automotive. Routine maintenance was done by Wolfgang's Automotive in Duluth - he's an e-Type Jag expert and familiar with Unique cobras. Shocks were installed by Robinson Racing with alignments at Gran Tourismo East.

*** I'll update better pictures. Pictures with red rookie stripes were removable cling tape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	1412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra3.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	1413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobra5.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	1414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	1417  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	1418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	1419  
    Last edited by patrija; April 21st, 2008 at 12:48 AM.

Very nice Cobra!
    If I had the cash I would buy it! Good Luck.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

I've had lots of interest in the car, including an offer with inspection and hopeful purchase next Monday. I'll update on the eventual new owner.

That would be me!! I hope to be giving it a new home in the mountains of Virginia where it will be able to enjoy frequent romps on the backroads in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley! I also look forward to picking the brains of the rest of you Unique owners as well.

Welcome RonJ.

Congratulations are your purchase of a fine automobile.

I am not to far from you, considering the the Mid Atlantic region.

Maybe I will see you as a Shenandoah road trip is in my plans.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Ron

Welcome!!! Didn't want to spoil the announcement for you, so I'm glad you joined in! I look forward to meeting you on Monday, but will likely regret every mile you drive away ...

Jason

PS - As you know, I'm in Berlin this week. There is an outside chance I need to fly to Sydney on Friday instead of home to Atlanta. I do not expect it, but if so I will work to make arrangements with Starrformance to complete the sale in my absence. More to come...

Thanks for the welcomes! Jason you better not go to Sydney..ha..ha..

Naumoff..Look forward to meeting you when you cruise the Valley! If you're a member of the CACC I'm sure you'll see me posting there a little more frequently now.

I can't tell you all how excited I am!

Quote Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes! Jason you better not go to Sydney..ha..ha..

Naumoff..Look forward to meeting you when you cruise the Valley! If you're a member of the CACC I'm sure you'll see me posting there a little more frequently now.

I can't tell you all how excited I am!
    You don't have too.

I post over at CACC every once in a while. I am trying to visit there a little more often.
    Tony

Welcome Ron, and I guess I'll be bumping into you sooner or later too. Just over the river here in Southern MD... maybe 15 miles closer to you than Tony.

Tony, give me a heads up before you head off for the mountins, maybe Jo and I can join ya.
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harding View Post
    Welcome Ron, and I guess I'll be bumping into you sooner or later too. Just over the river here in Southern MD... maybe 15 miles closer to you than Tony.

Tony, give me a heads up before you head off for the mountins, maybe Jo and I can join ya.
    I will give you a heads up for sure!

Are you going to Carlisle this year for the import and kit car meet?
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    Are you going to Carlisle this year for the import and kit car meet?
    I'm hoping to make it up Saturday (May 17). It will be a day trip, not planning to stay over this year.

PS sorry to hijack your thread Ron
    Jim Harding
    #4279512 - SA452 - TKO600
    #3004 - 302 - 4 speed
    La Plata, Maryland

Day trip for me too.
    Spending Friday night at Frank Johnson's.
    See you there Saturday.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Harding View Post
    I'm hoping to make it up Saturday (May 17). It will be a day trip, not planning to stay over this year.

PS sorry to hijack your thread Ron
    You're not hijacking mine! I actually jumped in and hijacked Jason's...sorry Jason

SOLD! Car is on it's way home with Ron to Virginia.

It was retrospective to see the car loaded up on someone else's trailer to take home. My cobra was an "ok go get it" 30th birthday gift from my wife, which put me on the younger side of this family. I've enjoyed every minute and appreciate everyone's support, particularly the Weavers and Parhams. I'm happy the car's going to a new home ... and in particular to someone who is sure to drive it!!!

Real good buy

for an immaculate car in every way.--Ron--we will watch for you at homecoming one day. Will-alabama Keep us posted.

The car made it to its new home the other day! I experienced my first "can I take pictures of your car" moment the first time I stopped to get gas on the way home..lol.. I've gone on my first drive in the area to terrorize the local beef cattle. The car is a blast! This is the first big block Cobra I've driven and it is quite different from the small block ones I have driven. The biggest difference I notice is there is no smooth transition as you accelerate. The gas peddle is an on/off switch! I love it!!

Awesome!
    Watch out for the cow paddies!

Alll that low end torque and the short wheel base takes a little to get use too.
    Tony