Thread: Floor mats

Floor mats

While one of our senior members (Phil Germond/WAZAT) and I were enjoying the American Graffiti reunion in Modesto last June by setting off car alarms all over town, I couldn't help but notice his nice custom floor mats. Phil had ordered them thru the California Car Cover Company near here in Chatsworth. He was good enough to give me a copy of the template he used for his 427 car which I duplicated and modified for my 289 (front braced roll bar, etc.). Got the mats in the mail today and they are really nice. A very heavy duty berber weave with non-slip backs. Total cost was about $105.00 including shipping but would probably be a little less if you didn't have to pay tax. If anyone is interested I would be willing to make copies of the pattern on butcher paper and provide them.

Phil Souza

Phil,

I was just wondering yesterday if you had gotten your mats. Glad to hear it worked out [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil and Phil Are they embroidered with the a logo?

Ralph

No- apparently Shelby has threatened to sue for copyright violation if they put a logo on them. Phil S.

I'm still a ways off from needing mats.... lol but I'm interested too. Got any pictures?

There is a very long post on the forum about floor mats and some good pics of Phil's. I think he even shows the templets.

Brent

quote:Originally posted by souzape

No- apparently Shelby has threatened to sue for copyright violation if they put a logo on them. Phil S.
    How are these other guys getting away with it souzape? Just havent gotten caught yet?

these are FFR mats though...and they have the logo

(wasnt thinking clearly I took down the link just in case someone was watching)

Has anyone tried using the hook from Ford to keep the mats stationary? I was thinking that it would work great, I know the one in my expedition does and should be easy to get from a Ford parts dealer. It screws down under the bottom left corner of the map and has a hook that comes up through the mat that keeps it in place.

http://www.uniquecobra.com/topic.asp...s=floor%2Cmats

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

CJ- I think some folks have paid tribute and others may be too hard to prosecute.... PHIL S

You can also use one or two of the same style 'snap' connectors
    that are used on the cockpit cover to hold the mats in place.
    Mike

Mike Geddes