Thread: placed my order

placed my order

i just ordered a deluxe pallet kit, am having a 351 built, tremec 5-speed and 15" torque thrust wheels from newstalgia wheels. now comes the hard part- waiting 9-10 weeks to get it. is there any problems with having the radiator exposed, does anybody use a mesh insert for protection?

scott, congrats. the time will fly by. i think ive seen 1 replica out of the couple hundred ive seen using a grill to protect the radiator. take your time, enjoy your build. later , brian

Scott, way to go! The time will fly by if you call the Weaver's several times a week and bug the crap out of them Not that I ever did that

Don't think of your radiator as exposed, think of it as naked[:P]

Ata-boy Scott! I just finsihed reading the article in Kit Car and, if I didn't own a Unique already, I would order one tomorrow (maybe I will ) [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Scott;
    I know a guy who has a SPF with a stainless steel mesh bolted to the front of his radiator and you can barely tell it's there. I've been thinking about doing that myself. Welcome to the club.
    Bill Stradtner

Scott, Unique started on mine a week ago so we should get our cars about the same time. With everyones positive input and praise of the Weavers and along with me getting to meet and talk with them first hand I think we made the right choice. Congrads!

Scott,

Congrats.....no issues with the radiator exposed in my 6 yr. old Unique. It's also more original that way. But, there are screens that can be installed if you so desire.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Exposed Radiator![:O] BUGS
    Get a toothbrush, let them get crispy and hard, then brush, brush

Rick

Congrats Scott, As was stated, the time will pass quickly. Don't forget to do a photo history of your car from delivery throught the build. Everyone will want a look see not just the Cobra Guys and Gals.

Ralph

I just picked my car up a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the fit and finish. I really never considered any other replicar mfg. I checked out Unique 20 yrs ago and had the catalog ever since. They offer a great car with alot of support from this forum and the Weavers.

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Scott, I missed it. Did you order a 289 or 427?

john

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected

You can NOT take too many pictures during the build-up phase. You'll find yourself using the pictures years later. I took a couple hundred and wish I had taken more. It's a lot easier to flip through an album to see where some bolt is located than it is to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight in your teeth.

Keith
    Unique Motorcars
    Southern Automotive
    Bruce Bunn (the painter)

My Photo Album