Thread: Street Rod Nationals, 2004

Street Rod Nationals, 2004

Well there were allot of cars here, over 11,500 registered. The weather was great[^]. Saturday morning we set a new record for low tempertature, 47 degree's on my deck. Thur. thru Saturday, highs is the 70 with clear sunny skies. The Unique Rod got allot of visitors and I would say several will purchase this car.
    Booth Display

Some of the crowd Saturday

Some of the Rod's

The interior

More on the booth

We had a good time and Maurice and Alan got out of town about 3:30 PM Sunday after the show closed at 3:00. That 36 will move even without an engine, 3 people power, 1/4 of a mile time, 5 minutes.
    Ok, there were several Orange Cars!

More of the Booth

Rick

Great pictures Rick thanks for sharing.

Come on Rick, your teasing me! I spied something orange!

Rick was a big help this weekend, his car got lots of attention with the street rodders, we might have sold more cobras than 36's. Thanks to Juan for helping push when the show was over, he has a superformance now but might be in a Unique before long. This was the biggest car show I have ever been to, it would takes days to see it all and the weather was perfect. Maurice will be in Sterlig Va next weekend for Lee Dahmers open house, anyone that is interested in our product should be there. Well its time to play catch up, when the cats awy the mice will play so I got to go crack that whip.

Alan

Nice photos, Rick. 11,500 cars!?! That's unimaginable.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Phil,

Yep, 11,500 plus, they say this is the biggest car show in the USA. That's just the ones that drive in, there were many more cars inside on display. Will be here in Louisville through 2010 for sure. Never did find the trim material for the turkey pan. That's probably a muscle car item. I will check with a neighbor of mine.

Rick

That's more like it

Thanks Rick!

Wonder how that orange would look on a cobra

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    This show was insane! I have never seen so many rods in one place.

This is an interesting story. Get this... On Saturday, I am driving from Fort Wayne, IN to Gulfport, MS, and as I am heading south into KY there is a steady stream of rods heading back north toward Indy. I know something is up, and as I got closer, I vaguely recall something about a big hot rod show this summer. Then we see the billboards advertising the show. I'm thinkin, "I can't believe my good forture!" Then I think, "Hey, maybe the boys brought the '36 up to show it off... and maybe there will be Cobras!" I turn to the wife and miraculously she says, "If you want to stop and see the Weavers it is fine with me." HOO-HA!

Unfortunately, we got the car parked at about 5:30, and the inside was closed. I searched around for the booth, but nobody was in the display halls after 5:00. However, the wife says, "Find out if they are here, and we can come back tomorrow." So, I tried to find a list of vendors... and when I found it, Unique was NOT on it. I am not sure why the list was incomplete, but we ended up heading south, so I did not see the display. I did see that tan Willy's-lookin' rod with the blower. The guy popped the engine off as I was walking by. Those belts make quite a whine! And yes Bitten, you did spy orange right next door!

But, the good news is that I am heading over to Gadsden on the way back next Monday (this was part of the original travel plan). It is always fun to stop in there. Anybody want pics of anything... cars in the build, etc.?

Great Pics Rick. Sounds like it was the ideal weather to hoof it around to see as many cars as possible. Wow bet there were some really neat ideas on display. I got my welting at an auto upholstry shop in Clinton. I am having a guy come over and fix my computer as it still will not accept my camera input so once fixed I'll post a picture.

Ralph