Thread: jeepsnakes new soft top

jeepsnakes new soft top

Here are a few pics of Zacks new soft top, he has a Le Mans hard top for sale if anyone is looking for one.
    Last edited by weaver; September 10th, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

fast turn around--indeed

Went with Zach and Sandy to Gadsden sunday afternoon to take car to Allan, got in rain way over at white plains all way to east gadsden, they were drowned when we arrived. Alan had gate open-doors open and we drove right in. Maurice was right, heat was unbearable in building in spite of heavy rain, .Alan--looks great, black top sets these cars off, very pretty.Have ya,ll tried the melons yet? I get out of bed and eat melon at 12---2---- and 4am, sneak so Joan don,t see me. Man, I like that top already, thanks a million. Zach is in Kentucky checking on equipment installation for his employer, be back Friday, I think.Will-alabama

Yes, Zach and Sandy are now true Cobras. Driving in the rain, with no top makes the top look even better. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Pigeon Forge.

Joan

Zack, Sandy,

The top looks great, as does all of Alan and Maurice's work. I made some improvements to mine to help eliminate some rain leaks and reduce the wind noise. I also modified a rear view mirror to allow me to see out the back window better. If you are going to the Reptile Roundup at the Sebring Grand Prix Race Course, Sebring FL, the first week of Oct, I'll show you what I did to mine to improve the soft top. I'll be staying at the Inn of the Lakes per the Reptile Roundup web site. http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70120

Jer
    Last edited by Jerry Cowing; August 22nd, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
    Jer

New soft top

That is an awesome looking top. I use it all the time on my car. The profile of it is one of the better looking ones out there. I thought my Superformance top was nice looking but this one has it beat as far as aesthetics is concerned.

Nice looking top Zack.
    Enjoy it.
    I love my top.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

I have top envy.
    Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

That is a nice looking soft top, however, I have never consider one..... it's hard enough folding myself into the drivers seat with out anything above hindering my entrance/exit maneuvers
    Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    FE Specialties FE
    3:31 and Toploader (wide ratio)

Roseville (N.Cal)

Quote Originally Posted by pgermond
    That is a nice looking soft top, however, I have never consider one..... it's hard enough folding myself into the drivers seat with out anything above hindering my entrance/exit maneuvers
    Phil, Clay sat in my Cobra with the top on and he couldn't see out the car
    unless he drove pimp style laying over the trans tunel.
    Makes it a little hard to shift.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Thanks for the compliments, y'all!

I am just tickled with the new top - not to mention I tried it out on the way home from Gadsden yesterday. Left the shop, stopped for gas about 3 blocks away, pulled back out on Meighan Blvd, and the bottom fell out! Stayed in a pretty good rain for about 20 miles.

Jerry, I remember your extra rearview mirror - what other additions have you made? (We're not going to Sebring.)

Many thanks to the Weavers, and to Alan for meeting us on Sunday afternoons so we could deliver and pick up the car without having to take any holiday time! Oh, and for adjusting the brake & clutch pedals... I still can't believe that a pedal adjustment makes that much difference in a set of brakes!

Now, off to the alignment shop for a checkup, then change the oil, and make final preparations for Pigeon Forge next week!!!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367

Zack,

I e-mailed you pictures of my top modifications.
    Jer

What changes did Alan make to the pedals to make the brakes work better?

Justin