Thread: Unique 289 FIA

Unique 289 FIA

I have a Unique 289 FIA at the Unique Motorcars factory. It has a Southern Auotmotive 351 Cleveland, Tremec 5 speed, Mercedez Brilliant Silver by Bruce Bunn, BS Engineering Wheels. The only items lacking are the wiring harness, seats and upholstery and plumbing the lines. I had originally scheduled to have the car transported in May, 2004, unfortunately, some serious health issue have come up which will prevent me from enjoying the car as I have planned. If you know of someone looking for a beautiful car from Unique without the typical 3-4 month wait, please contact me. Alan Weaver e-mailed me 3 pics of the car and I will be happy to post to the site if I can fiqure out how. Thanks.

P. S., I forgot to post the price....I am looking to get my costs out of it $38,900.

I saw the car at homecoming. Looked very familiar. It was a great looking car, I'm sure you'll find an anxious buyer somewhere. Not that many turnkey Uniques out there for sale.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected

I may know of a buyer....let me e-mail him, and I'll provide this link. Please e-mail the pics to:

clayfoushee@earthlink.net

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

I am also looking for a Unique.

It would be helpful if you could post the pictures or please email to emueller@stevenwillandinc.com

Thanks,
    Ed Mueller

Very sorry to hear of the health issues. That will be a very sweet car for some lucky person! Since I'm a cleveland guy, lets hear more about the engine!!!

Kelly

Kelly,
    I am not much of a mechanic myself, but after talking to Alan Weaver and Bill Parham about what I was looking for in performance, I decided on the Cleveland. It is rated at 425 HP by Southern Automotive, but is not built strictly for racing. I told them I was looking for a car that had plenty of punch but would be reliable for everyday driving. Also, we have long stretches of highway here in Texas and I selected the Tremec five speed to allow me to cruise without winding the engine up too much. If somebody can tell me how to upload my pics that Alan sent me, I'll post them to the forum.
    Tony

In the blue bar, directly below the last post, click on "reply to topic" as opposed to the "Quick Reply" box. In that template, you'll see a box, "add attachment." Click on "browse" find the picture file you want to upload, and that's it.

Here are the pics, which I re-sized down to 50%.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

What part of Texas? I'm from the lone star state too!

Clay,
    It looks like you already did my job for me (posting the pics) Thanks. For future reference, I think I understand how to do it now.
    Tony

Kelly,
    I'm from El Paso, right on the border of Mexico.
    Tony

Well we are only a stone throw away plus a few (600+)miles

I live near the coast in a small town called Sweeny.

Kelly