Thread: a little racing....

a little racing....

i hope everyone had as much fun as me this weekend,i took a drive to a friends house in pittsburgh and we went to a event called flashlite drags at a local county airport. nothing like pounding on the cobra for 11 runs to make the weekend fun(didn't loose once).
    i ran everything from a 13 sec acura to a 10.90 '55 chebbie. the chevy gave me the most competition,i only got him by about 1.5 cars both times we ran. there are no timers so i can only guess that my unique is somewhere in the 10.80's. the '55 is a friend of a friend so he showed me some et slips from quaker city to give me a idea how fast i am. all i can say is thank you! to maurice for talking me into running hoosier quick times on the rear. the car still spins in first,but not as bad,2nd gets about 10 ft of spin and you are gone.
    oh there were also 3 other cobras there,a excalibur,a superformance and a factory five. for some reason after i made 6 or 7 passes NONE of them would run me. i talked with the superformance owner and was bragging his car pretty good before we started but when i went to see if he wanted to run he claimed he already had enough races lined up . oh well....all in all a great nite for the unique.
    clay-i read your post about a super charger as a freshening...i was thinking that same thing all weekend. h'mmmmm,8.5 to 1,vortech,8-10 psi,cnc my heads,efi,my dyno guy told me last time i tuned my car i could make a easy 600-650 rwhp with his tune on pump gas. now that would be a fun ride....ya just never know...
    everyone enjoy your monday...
    chris

That is impressive Chris! What tires where you turning those times on?
    Rick

Wow! I have a son living in Pgh I'll have to tell him about the flashlite drags

Ralph

rick,
    i am using the quick times from hoosier,not the pro's though. the pros would probably work better but i can't envision myself getting caught in the rain with the tread that is on them. a small burnout and they really hook good. i still spin in first,but not nearly as bad and second is like hitting a nitrous button.

ralph,
    the drags are in a town called zeninopele(sp?) at the county airport. i think they are going to have them in sept 1 time and then 1 time at the beginning of oct weather permitting. they start at 5 pm and go till midnight. 20 bucks,all the runs you care to make.

chris

I was wondering about the tires, I didn't see how you would get those times without something sticky.

What rims did you get for them. Specifics please!

Thanks
    Rick

Impressive Chris!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (454-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

rick,
    i'm running them on the team threes i have on the car. that is why i did't go with the pro's. since i have been caught in the rain before i needed something with some sort of tread pattern on it. they actually are not that bad other than as a bias tire they do tend to track grooves and humps in the road more than a radial. i am running the radial ta's in the front. seems to be o.k.,.......
    chris

Are those Hoosier tires slicks? I read something somewhere that said not to run slicks when drag racing with an JAG independent rear end. Creats to much torgue on all the universal joints.