Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: College Football

better keep an eye on those boys at auburn, they will get you---IF-THEY DON,T GORGET TO PLAY THE SECOND HALF.Hard to get boys to understand it ain,t over yet, gotta keep playing hard.Now, there Alan.

Anybody want some action on whether Duke will get their 2nd win this season? The did beat The Citadel, and have Ga Tech, Fla State, Virgina, Clemson, and UNC up next.[B)][B)][B)][B)]

Not long now until basketball season......[8D].

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

They play at Auburn this year. I'm not a Auburn fan but have to admitt they look so much better this year on both sides of the ball than Ga, Ga has only looked good once this year, that was against a not so good LSU team. Steve, would you have thought Tn would have beaten Ga this weekend after being embarrased by Auburn, that is why I won't bet.

Alan

Alan, You gotta be careful what you say here, there might be a Tennessee fan smart enough to get on to the internet and see what you wrote. But to answer your question. NO!

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Guys, the season is still young. Auburn has a great line. I'd say the Greene will need to get his passing on track as the running game may be slowed significantly. The GA line was good against TN but the Auburn line dominated, of course 5 interceptions by Auburn of poorly thrown passes helped also. Hope I can watch it on TV. It will be a good game. I think this will be a piviotal week for both GA and TN!!

Ralph

Ralph, you are right!

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Auburn played incredible football last night. Those guys are world class champions!

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Auburn did play well - but they did not dominate and will not get a share of the national championship imho.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Randy, I'd say they dominated the first three quarters and would have dominated the fourth quarter had it not been for the hail mary pass in the last three minutes. Me thinks Mr. Campbell might need an agent this morning.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Auburn did great and deserve to he rated better. Even the ABC commentators think we need a series of playoffs to determine the real National Champ I also would have loved a shut out.

Ralph

My Buckeyes sure did dominate Ok. State! I don't ever recall seeing plays without a quarterback...... and we still gained yardage. OK couldn't do a thing until we sent in the second string.
    Rick

Ain't no doubt about who's the Nat. Champ. as much as I hate to admit it. For heaven's sake Auburn was playing Va. Tech. The ACC was very weak this year. Va Tech. backed into the ACC championship.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

auburn, just down the road from us, i like, children all went there, howsomever, so glad usc played sooners and not us, they are the champions, could do no wrong, they would have beat us, but might have been a better game with older experienced auburn players, not a run-a-way, usc picked on the sooner frosh all night.Usc is the better team this time.Will-alabama

GO CARDS!
    4 Major turnovers and still won. Ending Boise State's 22 game streak[:O]. Also they had won 15 straight ESPN games. Cards defense saved the NO. 1 offense in the Nation. And the number 3 run defense gave up 300+ yards on the ground to the Louisville Backs. The No. 2 offense in the nation was held to under 300 yards total offense.

We had a GOOD YEAR!!!

Rick

Cards were good. It was one of my favorite games.

Ralph