While this thread is not going to be one my full blown chapters, I did want to take a few minutes to keep the group up to speed on the rennaisance of the Spence car. The body and chassis are still in Chicago with my Dad who is busily cutting and forming aluminum. After consulting Eliminators pictures for inspiration and guidance, Dad sent down these photos...I had to look twice! If the car didn't have a forward facing roll bar (and some of those Unique (no pun) Spence-initiated decorative enhancements) I would swear that this was Rick's built shot!

I hope you'll agree that the firewall and foot boxes turned out amazing. We had the seams welded so the only gap is where the firewall turns down into the footbox. Next up...Inner fenders. With our Hawk front suspension we plan to do this a bit different as well, you'll have to wait and see!

While the body is getting an aluminum makeover, I have been busy bolting up the heart of the Spence car. The old 351W that came with our chassis has been cleaned up, spruced up, and will be bolted up in a couple weeks. Gone is the mild manner, truck based Windsor that we purchased in the car. We will soon have a roller-cammed road beast that should be good for 450 at the flywheel. I don't want to spoil the surprise of the pictures...But atop that 351 will be something special. Here's a hint...We'll need a bunch of air cleaners.

Thanks to all here for the encouragement. As always, nice work dad.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car