Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eliminators E Brake Pics

Eliminators E Brake Pics

Everyone enjoy. Thanks Rick...

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

If you are installing a brake assembly on a car with a foward brace roll bar the brake has to be mounted at the rear of the tunnel to miss the roll bar, we use a handle that is 2" shorter than standard.

Alan

Scott, Nice job real clean!

Ralph

Nice pictures, I'll ad 3 that are hard to see with the body on.
    The E-brake Calipers mount above the others.

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd Coal Black
    by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

Jerry, thanks for the new pics, I was just out in the garage and figured out how they mount. Did you press the sleeve into the aluminum adjustment nut that mounts to the first caliper?

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

In picture #8 of Ricks setup the cross shaft the cable clevis is hooked too should be removed. The clevis should be hooked directly the the brake lever.

It can be done both ways, however the shaft hole is very big in the lever. It really needs to be made smaller so that can be done.

Rick

Rick, all that needs to be done is use a piece of tubing as a bushing in the lever hole. Hooked up the way it is it will tend to twist the brake lever and will not be quite as postive.

THANKS JERRY! The pic of the cable mounting to the calipers is what I needed to see to completely understand the installation of my retrofit kit. I "get it" now.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Is this e-brake now part of the deluxe pallet kit?

Mike

No, it's an option.

Rick

I'm going to start this project on my car tomorrow so standby for questions....Engine and tranny are out so this is a good time.

Great pics. I was wondering if the e-brake mounted on the side of the tunnel becauase I saw someones Unique with it mounted on top of the tunnel. I think it was a 289 FIA car.I ordered the e-brake option with my kit and I like the way the brake lever looks on the side like the original car. It makes it a lot easier to put something together if you can see how it is suppose to be.
    Tony

Unique 427 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

What kind of fasteners are those pictured in #2 and #3 above? It looks like an almost flush-type head on the bolt. Tony's gonna help me do this in a couple of weeks, after procrastinating all winter.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

clay, they look like countersunk allen screws. 1/4-20 X 1" from the looks of them. you should be able to find them at a good hardware store. later, brian.

quote:Originally posted by Poorboy

In picture #8 of Ricks setup the cross shaft the cable clevis is hooked too should be removed. The clevis should be hooked directly the the brake lever.
    Poorboy, thanks for the tip. Tony Naumoff and I installed mine today, and it worked much better attached directly to the brake handle with the "T" removed. Less slop and better positive action.

In my case the speedo cable was in the way, and that's the only way we could make it work.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Fastners are Stainless steel, allen head, counter sunk. Nuts are all Ny Lok Stainless steel.

Rick

Thanks Rick, that's what I ended up using. I also drilled countersink holes for the SS allen-head bolts. The installation went great, and it holds very well.

I'll miss my chocks though, and will have to break myself of fishing them out of the trunk when I stop.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

I saw on another site what the cross bar with two holes is for.
    It's for outboard brake where you have to us two cables. And that would keep the handle from twisting using the cross bar.We made a nice brass bushing out of a 3/8" brass flare fitting.
    Me and Clay lucked out for the position. One inch more forward and it would have needed some fiberglass repair.
    Make sure you check position under car aswell. We set it so Clay would have plenty of room for his thumb between the handle and the dash.
    Brake handle looks great! works good too.
    Clay,
    Maybe you can get your wheel chocks bronzed and hang them from your roll bar.LOL
    Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Good point Tony. The logical location is very, very close to the speedo cable, so we almost didn't have enough room for the cable to attach to the handle.

Bronze my chocks...........

Clay

Annapolis, MD