Thread: Sterling Replicars Open House

Sterling Replicars Open House

We had a nice little mini-homecoming at Lee Dahmer's shop over in VA this afternoon. Maurice Weaver came up with the 36 cabrio (VERY NICE), and it was good to see Glenn Synder running again, down from Carlisle, PA.

Tracy Arrington was there with his gorgeous 427, as was Jim Harding, and of course Lee.

The CACC guys were there in force with a nice collection of many different makes including Kirkham, ERA, Excalibur, Lone Star, Everett-Morrison, and of course, the unbiquitous FFRs.

As usual, I walked out of the door without my camera[B)].

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

quote:Originally posted by clayfoushee

As usual, I walked out of the door without my camera[B)].
    I usually wouldn't miss a chance to bust on you Clay, but you forgot to mention what you REALLY left at home..... or put another way, what you left home with... [:P][:P][:P][:P] Got a lot of attention though.... I'm jealous

And I left my camera home too..... must have been something in the Maryland air yesterday.

Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004

Jim, what?[8D]

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

We dont have a clue to what your talking about Jim[?]

Rick

OK, maybe this will help.......

http://www.capitalareacobraclub.com/...view_photo.php

Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004

Is that one of those Lotus kit cars on a Fiero platform? Doesn't look half bad.

Brent
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

0-60 in 4.1, .98G on the skid-pad, 186mph top-end, all for $50K. Yeah, it ain't bad. I wish Ford would wake up and build a comparable car for under $150K. With the components in this car, the rigidity of the platform, and the way it's equipped, it's hard to believe GM makes any money on each unit.

I've always hated Vettes, but this one is very special, and even looks good. It's my new daily driver.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Awesome Clay. What a great daily driver! Looks better than the pictures in the car mags, Congratulations. I can't tell is it the Z06 with the magnetic suspension?

Ralph

Ralph, there is no Z06 yet, since it's a totally new model this year. I did order the Z-51 option which gives you stiffer suspension, bigger wheels, tires, brakes, and different rear gear for higher top-end.

Rumor has it the Z06 next year will be 500HP, which I can't imagine, but also probably 20K more.

Clay

Annapolis, MD