Thread: TRUNK CARPET INSTALLATION

TRUNK CARPET INSTALLATION

HOW DID YOU GUYS DO THIS .ADVISE NEEDED

uh................ haven't yet (after two years)

Keith
    Unique Motorcars
    Southern Automotive
    Bruce Bunn (the painter)

My Photo Album

Santiago, The last piece to go in is the one that runs from the roll bar shelf to the trunck latch. The side pieces go in first. I actually carpeted the fender wells rather than use the supplied side pieces so that I would have more room for my folding chairs. I also cut and fit templates before I cut carpet, for all carpet sections. I hope this helps it is kinda daunting.

Ralph

I followed the order specified in the manual when I installed the carpet sections. I cut templates out of lightweight poster board, which made the fitting chore much easier. It took a little cutting here and a little fitting there to get the carpet to lay flat around the fuel sending unit and wiring. I also did some trimming on the side panels to achieve the proper fit. I installed the carpet with the trunk lid on, which if I were to do it again, I would remove the trunk lid to allow for additional working space. A tedious job, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Looks good Phil, Of all the areas of the car to work on including the drivers foot box, the trunk was the worst! Kinda felt like I was bent like an "S" when working on the shelf.

Ralph

Santiago Here are some pics of my trunk without the side pieces that Phil used. I had to take out the wet bar,the microwave, and frig. It is dark and cavernous.

And one of my nifty trunk latch striker

Ralph

Ralph, where did you hide the battery in the trunk? I like your striker for the trunk latch!

Jeff

Unique 427 S/C #4279451
    Southern Automotive FE406
    4 Speed Toploader (wide)

Jeff, I have a dry cell. I built a battery holder out of AL and it sits on the trunk shelf behind the passenger next to the roll bar (6" h X6.5" l X 7" d) Performance distributors #5573 ~ 22#s. Thanks on the latch striker.

Ralph