Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help w/Wilwood Master Clyinder

Yes, Ralph, I know. My favorite Lucas one is, "you know why Lucas was interested in the vacuum cleaner business...........b/c they needed one product that didn't suck."

These things have been in the car since 98, as have Lee's, which have been ridden hard and put away wet since 97. So, what I'm really wondering now, is whether I should purge DOT V, which solved the clutch fade problems with heat, but might create failures b/c it's not compatible.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Jim
    You may try contacting a foreign car dealer that sell MG, Austin Healey, Jag type parts and stuff. I'll look to see if I have any can sitting around. Silicone fluid should only be used in cars that don't get used, like show cars. It basically prevents water from collecting in lines of cars that sit idle for long periods of time. Victoria British LTD. 1-800-255-0088 sells a Castrol LMA fluid and Lookheed Premium Dot 4. They also have a Lockheed Rubberlube Grease that goes on rubber parts before assembly to help seal rubber.

Thanks Spd4me, I'll follow up on your recomendation. I'll also look into that Rubberlube Grease, sound like that may lenghten the time between failures.

Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004