Thread: Letter to the Weavers

Letter to the Weavers

Hey Guys I was cleaning up some files tonight and ran across this letter. Note date of letter. Who says first impressions don't count!

04 June 1997

Dear Weavers, Maurice, Alan, Kim, Jean, and Jim,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the Fifth Annual Open House and Time Trials. As a visitor and a future owner my son Kevin and I thoroughly enjoyed our time. We were fortunate enough to connect with Butch Capps and Hank Gupton who live in our area. We plan on talking more to them as we begin to planning our next steps.

Not only was I impressed with the Weaver family but with the car owners as well, what a nice group of people.

As I begin to work through my decisions and organize my finances I will be calling!

Best Regards,

RL Scott

305 Mariner Point Drive,
    Clinton TN 37716
    423-457-0461

I think I brought the kit 3 years later.

Ralph

I think its about time Kevin stepped up and bought.

Alan

IF he did not live in AK and lived closer -- Like in Clinton it would be in the works. He has a couple of years more up there if he does not end-up going to Iraq. He already did a couple of tours in Afghanistan.

Ralph

Whare is AK? I grew up there and spend many years on Elmendorf AFB.

--Patrick

Hi Patrick, Fairbanks just up the road about 30 miles from Elmendorf. He is working on a rapid response team utilizing Strykers. He is a natural born soldier. Captain with Airborne,Ranger tabs, CIB and Bronze Star. Enlisted as a ground pounder and worked his way up. We are very proud of him. AK is very pretty, amazing from the air and so much the sportsman state. Love the daylight hate the dark, but love the air.

Ralph

Try 300 miles. He's probably at Ft. Greely which is right near Fairbanks. It gets very cold in the region.

--Patrick

Patrick, Ft. Wainwright is in Fairbanks and that is where he is. I thought it was Elmendorf that is 30 miles to the south I was mistaken it is Ft. Greely. We were talking to them last night and it was in the mid-20's and snowing. Kevin told me that the novelty of snow has worn off!

Ralph

I forgot about Wainwright. Eilson AFB is near Fairbanks, in the interior of the state. Elmendorf AFB and Ft. Richardson are in Anchorage in south central. One of my daily chores was to shovel the driveway and walk when I was growing up. I live in Seattle now and don't have to worry about that anymore.

--Patrick

Kevin is majorly over the shovelling. Anchorage is beautiful. If I had to live in AK for any extended period my choice, if I had one, would be in the Anchorage area. We have another son down in Olympia WA that also is a beautiful area. He is attending Evergreen.

Ralph