Thread: FIA Shift Boot Replacement

FIA Shift Boot Replacement

I'm having trouble sourcing a replacement shift boot for my FIA. The boot and the trim ring are oval, not round, and all the usual parts sources (Finish Line, Cobra Restorers, Branda) just have the round boots. Not looking for one of the soft leather replacements. Anyone know of a source for the oval rubber boot?

Thanks

Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

Is the ring a stamped, chromed piece? Dimpled where the four fasteners go at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock? Not perfectly oval but sort of flat on the sides?
    Rick

Rick,

Yes, yes, yes, and no (it really is an oval - no flat sides).

Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

But it is not flat on top? A semi circle if you will? If so, sounds like what I have on mine. It is an MG piece from the same period as the Cobras available from Victoria British (on the web). You are going to like the price
    Rick

Thanks, Rick. I'll get in touch with them - and we'll see about the price. [?]

Gary
    Unique FIA 351W

They are VERY inexpensive. At least compaired to the type you run into from the other folks. I bought them simply because I could not justify spending nearly $100 for a tiny piece of metal and a rubber boot! Plus, they are correct for the period so what the heck.
    Rick