Thread: Pinging Clay and/or Paul

Pinging Clay and/or Paul

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the software to properly download and post pictures. You two have shared what you use and I can't remember what it is.

Thanks for the help, too lazy to search for it

Kelly

Kelly if your looking for a simple to use, inexpensive program to resize your photo's to post on the web try the shareware version of QuickResizer. Heres a link to download it http://www.tucows.com/preview/379272.html The shareware version will let you resize 20 photos and if you want it, its only 15$ Keep in mind this is not an expensive software for editing pictures but is a program for resizing them. Try it and see if you like it Kelly.

Unique 4279459

Kelly, the "Cadillac" is Photoshop, and that's the only one I have any experience with. The only problem with it is that it's rather expensive. You might try CJ's suggestion above. I don't much experience with the free "shareware" programs.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

I agree Clay, PS is the cream of the crop and very expensive. I use it alot especially for doing web graffics where I need to do layering and effects and such. IF He is looking for something thats the best, do just about anything graffics program available P/S is the choice. I do not know the computer skills of everyone here and how much time everyone has to learn a program like P/S but I will just say it does have a long learning curve to fully use it to its potential. I use alot of different graffics programs Photo Shop, Photo Impact, Xara 3d, Paint Shop Pro just name a few, all have their strong points and weak points. The best thing is know what types of things he wants to do to his pictures. Kelly let us know what you want to be able to do and I'l give you a recommendation. Then Email me and I will help you.

Unique 4279459

Download a copy of Paint Shop Pro and see it is will work for you.

http://www.jasc.com/products/?

--Patrick

Thanks guys! As usual, you think that what you ask is simple but isn't!! That's why I love this site!!!

What I want is something that is simple and doesnt require a Phd to use. Was willing to send some $ if necessary. Will check out the downloads tommorow. Just hate to do downloads as they take soooooo long on dial up.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Kelly download Quick Resizer it is a very small download and will not take but a few minutes with dialup. This will allow you to "resize" images very easily. If you decide you want to get into photo "editing" hit me up with a email and since your on dialup I'l burn it to cd and send it to you.

Unique 4279459

I agree with other posts that PhotoShop seems to be dominate choice. Depending on your digital camera purchase, most times (I know Canon does this) you get a "PhotoShop Lite" version with the camera purchase. While the Lite version can't do all the stuff that the expensive one does, I am very confident that it can reduce image size and do basic printing. If you are going to learn a tool, PhotoShop is not a bad one to learn as it does let you print digital pictures easily. (Reminds me time to print out the xmas cards - kids not the car - yet).

In Photoshop, reducing size is as easy as opening up the jpeg image from the Camera and selecting Image->Image Size.

Good luck!!

Dave

You are right Dave, it is easy to to change image size in P/S but spending 649$ (for me anyway)would be a little rough when there is other programs for little or "No" money that he could use. If he wants to be able to do just about any type of Photo editing he could ever dream up then the money would be well spent on P/S IMHO.

Unique 4279459

yea, i have to learn how to post pictures too Kelly, have some beauties would like for you all to see, nothing like a pretty picture of a cobra in a rustic setting.Have some near a rundown barn in backwoods of alabama, awsome, -start x-mas parades tonight in bowdon ,ga. have lot of fun, two sat. afternoon, Will-alabama

You can also use the Paint program in Windows to Resize and change format __.jpg __.bmp of your photos.

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd
    Coal Black no Stripes by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

OK Kelly. I did some poking around this morning. Adobe Photoshop is now available in a more economical pkg called Photoshop Elements 3.0. It's $89 for the download version and $99 to have a CD shipped to you. It's simple and has everything I suspect you'd ever want.

www.adobe.com

It's a pretty big file, and I wouldn't recommend downloading on a phone dial-up, but if you have any kind of high-speed connection, that's the way to go. I just downloaded it b/c I needed the Windows version vs. my old Mac version. It takes about 20 on a high-speed connection, looks terrific, and is VERY SIMPLE to use.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Now it makes sense. P/S Elements and P/S are two different animals, and a big money difference. Sorry for me adding more confusion Kelly/Clay. If your were going to buy PhotoShop for basic editing of digital photos I wanted to see if you could adopt me because I could use some more Cobra parts. LOL

Unique 4279459

CJ

You have a PM.

Thanks Clay.

Looking Good!!!!!