Thread: Garage Sale

Garage Sale

Sorry to say this is not another installment (yet) but a request for help to empty my garage to make room for the Cobra. I am selling my 1966 Mustang...Not that anyone here is in the market for another car, but thought you guys might know someone...

1966 Ford Mustang Coupe - "A" Code - Real GT Car
    Born and lived entire life in San Jose, CA. I bought the car from the daughter of the original owners. All original sheet metal except one fender. All original floors and wheel wells - perfect condition before repaint. Anyone who knows Mustangs knows how rare this is!

The car was put together to look just like the showroom and 'period correct' to use a phrase familar to this forum. Like our Cobra's, it is also set up to run much stronger using today's technology.

289 bored 0.030, TRW forged pistons
    Edelbrock Performer heads, Intake
    Comp Cams hydraulic, Comp roller rockers
    Cobra valve covers, Cobra aluminum oil pan
    March pulleys, K&N filters, Mallory Unilite dist and coil
    Ceramic Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster exhaust with H-pipe

C4 automatic transmission with B&M shift kit and 1200 rpm converter

14 x 7 Styled Steel wheels with full size spare
    1" front sway bar (Shelby) with 7/8" rear sway bar (Shelby)
    4 wheel disc brakes, manual (original only had front discs)
    Power steering with bump steer kit

Unique Autosound dash-fit stereo with 6 disc changer and kick panel speakers. Autometer sport comp gauge cluster with Tach.

Stunning Performance Red paint with Black interior and Black GT stripes. This car runs great, sounds great, and turns heads like you would not believe! (Almost as good as a Cobra!)

$17,500 firm, worth every penny. Will store until Spring for free!

More pictures available upon request to serious inquiries. E-mail bwcarlson@earthlink.net, or 479-621-8470 evenings.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Brian,

What is the story on the body work and paint?
    When was it done and who did it? Also how would you rate the body and paint?
    Looks good in the pictures, very nice car. How long have you owned the car?

Rick

Brian,

I forwarded a link to a local guy here who is into collectible mustangs (he has two GT350's, on an H model).

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected

Rick,
    I have owned the car for 6 years, and it has been on the road for 4. (The body and paint accounted for the 2 years in between! Long story, longer wait!) A Mustang restoration shop out in Utah did the work, and it is a 2000 Ford color that is basecoat/clearcoat with 3 coats of clear. The original car color was Signal Flare Red (Campbells Tomato Soup) and the 2000 Ford Performance red is very, very close to the original, but with a hint more red. Most Mustang guys can't tell the difference, although it is definitely a hotter color that the original.

The body was a survivor, like I mentioned above, it had 35 years of door dings, but not a speck of rust. A body shop that is associated with the Mustang resto shop that I referred to sanded the whole car down, primed and block sanded twice, then shot paint, cut and buffed. The paint is excellent all the way to the rockers, something that is not typical on driven cars. The car has won its class in every show entered and most of the time I get comments on the paint quality. As for a rating, with 10 being a ISCA show car, and 1 being an MTV "Pimp my Ride" special, I would have to give it a solid 8. There are a few minor rock chips, but overall, the color of the car and the paint are what make it stand out.

I forgot to mention, check out the cool custom coil mount on the Monte Carlo bar.

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Nice [^] (I have to find a place with more space!!)

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Brian, what a beauty. I wish I could.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

quote:Originally posted by nolastyankee

...and 1 being an MTV "Pimp my Ride" special...
    LOL! That's funny.

Beautiful car! I have a friend in the local Mustang Club here, so I'll pass the word to him.

Keith
    My car is FOR SALE!

What a nice car1
    Everyone on this site appreciates cars like this. I am partial to mustangs. Clay knows that I was close to buying his 1966 Shelby GT 350 car a while back. I love these cars.
    This appears to be a very nice car. The price is correct. These cars are not selling for $12 grand anymore. Appreciation has been affected by the hysterical popularity of Mustangs all of shapes and engines.
    My K code coupe is not as nice as this car but I won't take $25,000 for it today. If you want to make a few bucks, this car may be that car. I think that these cars are $20,000 in 24 months considering that they are the 40th anniversary cars to the new "Phenom".. the 2005 GT Mustang.
    As a side note... I am seriously looking at the 2005 Mustang. I am waiting to see if Ford really does have a deal with Carroll Shelby. If there is a new Shelby Mustang, I will pay the price to get what will certainly be a collector's dream.
    I like this car and feel that it's a solid car for investment for a person that can't spend a whole wad for another piece of fun...

2 cents...cheap at half the price.

Sundown