Thread: Aluminum fan blade

Aluminum fan blade

Where can I find a replacement for the aluminum fan blade (5 blade, 9" diameter) that go with the dual fan setup on the 289's?

Unique Motorcars 289 F.I.A. # 9142
    Southern Automotive 354 stroker

I have the complete pusher fan setup that I took out of my FIA car. It was used for about 500 miles.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Randy,

I put the car away with a broken fan blade figuring I'd get to it in the Spring. It was recommended in this forum that an appliance fan blade would be the replacement for the broken fan blade. ( I'm assuming that you'd replace both fan blades at the same time ) How much are you looking for the set of fans? Why did you remove them?

AL

Al, I put a puller fan on and took the pushers off. I liked the clean look up front. I think Unique charges about $270 for the fan kit - I'll let mine go for $150 and buyer pays the shipping.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

quote:Originally posted by casaleenie

Randy,

I put the car away with a broken fan blade figuring I'd get to it in the Spring. It was recommended in this forum that an appliance fan blade would be the replacement for the broken fan blade. ( I'm assuming that you'd replace both fan blades at the same time ) How much are you looking for the set of fans? Why did you remove them?

AL
    Can you tell me more about this appliance fan blade? Where would one purchase this? I've found a couple of similar fan blades at Grainger.com, but I can't figure out the difference between the choices (axial flow vs. non ???).

Randy: Thanks for the offer, but I'm only looking for the $10 replacement blade.

Take your other fan to Grainger (or auto parts store) and let them match it. With axial-flow fans, the air passes through the fan parallel to the drive shaft. Centrifigal flow fans, the air makes a 90' turn. You want an axial type.

Should be an easy fix.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

FYI, you can find an exact replacement at Graingers. The part number is 4C477. 8 bucks.

For $16 its almost worth replacing them every two years instead of polishing and waxing them.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected

I put the car away with a broken fan blade and it's spring and I'm still looking for a replacement.

What is Graingers?

Will do a search on Google.

Any help appreciated.

AL

http://www.grainger.com Is a commercial supply house for anything you can Imagine. Those fans on your car are an actual grainger fan.

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

I had my fan blade tear apart on me on the way to Gadsden on Friday. Nearly took out my radiator going down I-20 and my car heated up to almost 230 degrees before I parked it at Unique. Alan has the blades in stock for $12. The fan is a Dayton from Grainger and I guess you could get replacements there as well.

John

Unique 289FIA #9367
    351W Fuel Injected