Thread: TKO 600

TKO 600

Hello,

Any one using the TKO 600, if so what shifter postion did you use?
    Also did you go with .82 or the .64 overdrive.

Rod:

I ordered a TKO 600 with the 0.64 OD so that @ 75 MPH my engine will be turning 2150 RPM, with the 3.54 rearend and 295/50-15 tires.

The shift lever comes out of the rear most position, and bends forward like a top loader.

Stan

I installed the TKO600 for Ford (Part# TCET4617) 1st=2.87, 2nd=1.89, 3rd=1.28, 4th=1.00, 5th=0.82. There are pictures of it (drive shaft was to short) in this thread. http://www.uniquecobra.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1034 - I am planning on adding to this thread tonight with a final picture of the tranmission mounted with the drive shaft cut. (it got a little tricky).

I picked the .82 for 5th because I had read a ton of dicussion threads on Club Cobra in regards to trying to cruise between 60-70 and it being to slow for the .64 5th and too fast/loud for 4th. It is a first build so I don't have anything to compare it to besides second hand on the threads.

I have the same back-end setup as Stan and agree that the shifter sits in standard (rear-most) position. I could post some pictures of the bent shifter installed tonight.

If you are buying, I thought Joe Dietrich (800-783-8726) at Standard Transmission gave me a good price and was more friendly/knowledgable than Powered by Ford sales guy. He also did a nice job setting up hyd throw-out bearing (spacer and overall setup).

Dave

Dave,
    In you first thread wasn't the drive shaft to long not to short??

Poorboy

Dave,

Don't they make a shorter input shaft for the tremec so it will mate up to the lakewood without the spacer?

Sorry for the mistatement, the drive shaft was actually too long - (not short).

It was due to the spacer pushing it that extra amount. I had the shaft cut down for $100 to make it all fit.

In regards to the spacer question, my understanding back in May was that they were planning on making one with a shorter input shaft but it wasn't available when I wanted to install - (I was shooting for August but the painter was pretty late). Call Joe, he can give you the details.

Dave