Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just order deluxe 427 pallet kit

Just order deluxe 427 pallet kit

I just ordered my 427 deluxe pallet kit and can't beleive I'm not nervous. Guess I've been waiting to long for this day. It will be April before I can pick up my Cobra in Carlisle. And I'll have to wait till Sunday when they pack up. Gives me plenty of time to get my garage ready!!Can you see me smiling
    Tony

happy for you, and i'm sure that you will enjoy it as much as all of us enjoy our Uniques.

this forum has a lot of knowledge (myself excluded) and the members are only too happy to help.

doug

Way to go Tony - take your time - ask questions - enjoy the build.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

I was wondering why the sun was shining so brightly from the east today

Congratulations, and as Randy said - "take your time - ask questions -enjoy the build".... it's a blast!

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Tony came over the week between Christmas and New Years to look at my car. Since it was dark and about 20 degrees, we didn't take a drive, I did start it, and he got to witness my engine overheat for the first time, due to a stuck thermostat.

It was a good thing, because it gave me the added motivation to add the SPAL puller as added protection after replacing the stat. He actually stuck around for another hour or so and helped me trouble-shoot afterwards........hell of a nice guy!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Congratulations Tony. I can still remember the day I ordered my deluxe pallet. You are beginning a life changing and affirming experience. This is the place to be when you do the build. Lots of pictures and even more advice, helpful advice at that. Take pictures and keep your build notes use ziplock bags with index cards so you can sort it out as you disassemble and later reassemble. Once you do it you will want to do another. (somehow that did not come out as I intended.)

Ralph

You've made the first step to becoming the Prince Frederick local celebrity. I hope you like attention.
    I may cross paths with you at Carlisle.
    Good call on your Unique purchase. - Geary

Welcome to the Unique family Tony.

Unique 4279459

enjoy

thanks guys, I'll keep you'll posted on the build.

So happy for you, butt...I am green with envy!

Mike

Tony.
    Congratulations on getting your kit.
    You will NOT be sorry with the decision you have made.
    There's a lot of Technical Talent on this forum.
    Put in the questions as you build....you will not be disappointed
    with the response's and advice.
    I wish this forum had been around when I built my 427 in 1991.
    ( Opp's...I couldn't even say 'computer' then.)
    Mike

Mike Geddes

Tony,
    I have Cobra envy too! Even though I have one it sure would be fun to get to build another.
    You are starting on a very rewarding advenure.
    Best of luck, Keith

Soooo what color will it be

It is going to be black. Just like CSX3025.

Can you tell I've been looking at Cobras way to much. I still Have a framed picture from High school in my garage.

While I'm up so early this Sunday morning(of course thinking about my Cobra) I tell you some more about what going to be on my car. I put a deposit thursday on a 427 s/o and toploader trans from SA. Bill and staff are very nice poeple. I'm in the process of ordering a set of Trigo wheels. I see the problem with tire selection already. In 15 inch there seems to be two DOT approved. Any resorces on tire will definitly be appreciated. I will tell you that I love the look of the original Cobra and that is what I am going for. So I will sacrafice performance for that. Lets face it the Cobra is totally awesome even in 1966 tire technology.I,m ordering the 3.31:1 posi rear, soft top, heater(My Honey has cold feet)

Tony,

Good choices including color. If I ever repaint, it will also be solid black.

Regarding tires, you're right that there are only a few choices in 15's, and none of them are performance-oriented tires. However, if you search CC for threads started by "tireguy" and our man Brent "BB427" over there, you will see there is hope on the horizon. Tireguy is a manufacturer who is in the process of creating a proper 15" tire for Cobras. With any luck, it will be available by early summer.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

That sounds great Clay. I have been following the thread and I hope tireguy can work out the bug in the compounds. What tires do you recommend if the timing doesn't work out for me?

Most everyone runs BFG TA or comparable Dunlop, and I believe Yokohama now has a tire in the right sizes 245/60 front and 275 or 285/60 rear. Those are about the only ones who make a 15 wide enough for the rear. They're all T-rated or lower.

Clay

Annapolis, MD