Thread: Well, I have finally done it. A 289FIA street car

Well, I have finally done it. A 289FIA street car

I finally took the plunge and ordered a Unique Turnkey minus, 289 FIA Street Car. Just sent my deposit today.

Specifics of the car are, as of today, solid Ford Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic. No stripes, no scoop, undercar exhaust.

Engine 302/345hp, toploader, 3.54 rear. Defroster, soft convertible top. I am quite sure that as the Turnkey progresses we may make some changes to the detailing of the engine compartment. My good friend Rick Bagley has agreed to help me in the process of getting the car on the road once the tunrkey minus is done.

I want to thank all of those people that during the last 6-8 months were helpful in providing photos of FIA's, and engine compartments.

Rick and I will keep you all informed as we progress with the car which should be completed within the next 5 months.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

Outstanding Juan. What did you sell?

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Ditto the "outstanding" from Clay. I can't wait to see a street version of an FIA car. It sounds way cool[8D]

Randy

Unique 289 FIA #2899420
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver

Now you own a "real" Cobra... the 289 FIA

AL

Fantastic Juan, You and Rick are going to have some fun!! Sorry I live so far away. Are you and Rick going to install the engine and transmission and have the Weavers do the assembly(turnkey minus)? You may need to pay attention to the height of the manifold/air cleaner without the hood scoop..

Ralph

Yes, I am also very excited about the process. Rick is going to put me to work and l am looking forward to it. I have never been though this process before so it is going to be quite an experience. The Weavers are going to build me the Turnkey Minus and Rick and I will do the rest.

For the time being I have selected Ford's Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic. Unless I see another very special red I am going with it. If you all have any suggestions regarding Red Colors please let me know.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

Congratulations Juan, we're all waiting to see what it's going to look like.... just like you!!

Jim Harding
    La Plata, Maryland

1982 #3004

Well. I have a suggestion, but it's not red.

Oh never mind.......

Congrats!!!!!

Juan, Congratulations when we last talked at pigeon forge you said that is what you wanted to do. As for colors, when I talked to Bruce Bunn shortly after painting Kelly's car he likes the Import colors. I think they use more complex colors in their blends. As for me I like Guardsman Blue and white stripes.

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

I certainly appreciate Juan's enthusiasm for the FIA car

Sundown

Juan,

That's way cool - congratulations on your decision [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Juan,

Glad you decided to make the plunge. I know you must have changed your mind 1000 times over the last year.

You have taken so many pictures and attended so many events I am sure you have a clear vision of the final results what you. You also know your in good hands with Rick. It will mean so much more to you than a bought car ever did. Have Fun!

I am jealous. I want to sell my car and start all over. The build is the fun.

Brent
    427 SC Chassis #4279401
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

Juan,
    Great idea - I've always preferred the street versions also, even the "little" 289... Look forward to seeing it.

Paul