Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake Bleeders

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBP View Post
    JFZ Racing brakes were comon in the 70's & 80's, a lot of open wheel cars ran them and also some sportscars racers I think they were aquired by Sierra Racing products. As far as I know the were always American made so they are probably 7/16" SAE threads.
    Sierra ( http://sierraracing.com/cgi-bin/list...?file=specials ) look about half way down the page and see if these are your calipers.
    Thanks Jerry, I appeciate it...I will call them!
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBP View Post
    JFZ Racing brakes were comon in the 70's & 80's, a lot of open wheel cars ran them and also some sportscars racers I think they were aquired by Sierra Racing products. As far as I know the were always American made so they are probably 7/16" SAE threads.
    Sierra ( http://sierraracing.com/cgi-bin/list...?file=specials ) look about half way down the page and see if these are your calipers.
    If you mean this

DO YOU HAVE OLD JFZ CALIPERS?

When was the last time that you replaced the o'rings?

Do you need a new crossover tube?
    Bleed screw assembly?

We have replacement parts
    and offer repair service on
    JFZ calipers

Don't hesitate to call us for a quote based on your caliper model!

Yes, these look like mine...thanks again
    Dave
    93 Unique Motorcars 427 SC, 428PI with CJ heads, toploader 4 spd,jag rear with 354 gears, Red with white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    Thanks Jerry, I appeciate it...I will call them!
    Well I called and got quite the education about my front brakes,deflection, hub,lugs , calipers, 4 bleeders...man did I do this all wrong, this cobra I bought is nothing at all like any car I 've owned in the past!!!
    This winter I will rip it all apart, re-seal the calipers, do some measuring that he told me to do, and get everything up to snuff.
    Would you know the bleeding order if you have 2 bleeders per caliper?
    Dave

The Wilwood's have four bleeders per caliper.

David,
    Couldn't you clean the bleeders out?
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

I did not know the bleeders were in 2 sections, I was trying to crack the whole body of the bleeder using a 7/16 wrench, I needed to use a 1/4 wrench and open the top section only.

I did not even see or bleed the outside bleeders! I guess the wheels need to be off to do this job correctly!
    The backs bled no problem.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davids2toys View Post
    I did not know the bleeders were in 2 sections, I was trying to crack the whole body of the bleeder using a 7/16 wrench, I needed to use a 1/4 wrench and open the top section only.

I did not even see or bleed the outside bleeders! I guess the wheels need to be off to do this job correctly!
    The backs bled no problem.
    That is usually a given for disc brakes. Sorry for your troubles. It makes it a 100 times easier to get to everything and inspect the rotor and caliper.
    Tony
    Unique 427 #4279480 Precision Engine Machine Company 427 s/o 483.47 stroker close ratio toploader 3.31 jag rear

Quote Originally Posted by Naumoff View Post
    That is usually a given for disc brakes. Sorry for your troubles. It makes it a 100 times easier to get to everything and inspect the rotor and caliper.

Yes, with a cobra, probably true, or doing more than just bleeding them...but for just bleeding I have never removed the wheel. Lesson learned...lol
    thanks Tony
    Dave