Thread: Family Reunion - Part 2

Family Reunion - Part 2

I had the day off today and we had a little time before the folks flew back to Chicago, so we did a little bench racing and fiddling on the car. It was a gorgeous 80 degree day here, so we rolled out the car again for a few full sun pictures. Here's a few more shots plus some additional fun stuff...

BTW, thanks to all for the compliments. This has been the most fun project that I can ever remember! It's fun to be able to share it with my Dad.

On the first thread someone mentioned IDA's...This is actually an EFI stack setup made to look like Webers. In these pictures you can see that we added the fuel rails and injectors along with the headers.

Chassis and body just longing to be put back together!

Note injectors and fuel rails. These 'Webers' are tuned by laptop!

Hawk tubular coil over front suspension with Wilwood brake conversion. Hawk front end retains the MGB beam, but replaces the upper and lower arms and adds a GAZ adjustable coil over. With machined wheel spacers, the front track is 52"...Identical to a factory FIA comp car.

Butch Capps / MidSouth Gear prepped Auburn posi with 3.31 ratio. Road tested Carrera coil over shocks on rear end narrowed 1/2" under Unique standard to 53.5"...Also identical to a factory FIA comp car. Axle and suspension arm work by Red Dog Enterprises.

Many have had a part in getting the Spence car to this point...Thanks for all your help!

It's getting exciting now!

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Brian,
    If you ever decide to trailer this car you may want to think about attaching some tie-down eyes permanently to the frame of the car. Sure makes loading and unloading easier. Just a thought.

Rick

Brian, you and your dad are doing a great job, any idea of when it will go to the paint shop.

Alan

Alan,
    Thanks for the compliment, we are loving every minute of the project. With the engine in the car the excitement is building and we are itching to finish up and drive it! Not sure when we'll be heading to paint, we were really wanting to bring the body over to Bruce at Homecoming, but I'm not sure we'll make that. June perhaps?

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car