Thread: Help on Shifter Linkage

Help on Shifter Linkage

This bolt at the rear of shifter is real loose. It has a nut on it and it's also loose. Not sure where its supposed to be. Here a picture of it. Seems the bolt should go in so far and the nut will tighten against the plate to hold it in place . I don't know where this adjustment is.

I'm using a modified Hurst comp plus shifter but the priciple should be the same I would think. Anyway, that looks like one of the shifter stop bolts, there should be another on the opposite side.You adjust these stop bolts by backing both bolts out of the shifter frame until only a few threads remain engaged. Then push the stick firmly into 3rd gear and hold. Screw 3rd gear stop in until contact is made. Back out one turn and tighten jam nut. Pull stick firmly back into 4th gear, screw 4th gear stop bolt in until contack is made, then back stop bolt out one turn and tighten jam nut. Hope this helps, even if we are not using the same shifter the principle should be the same.

Unique 4279459

Thanks krazecj. There is another one on the other side. Ill try that out. Mine is a Hurst also. THANKS

CJ is correct on what these are, they are on all Hurst Shifters. Limits shifter travel when you are really banging the gears.

Rick

That should have been tight when we got the engine and trans from Bill, I will double check them from now on.

Alan