Thread: trash advertisements

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida

trash advertisements

What's up with all the trash advertisements in the latest issue of KITCAR[?] [:O] [:I] [V]

I realize that they must sell ads to keep the magazine afloat, but do they really have to cheapen this publication[?][?]

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

I was thinking the same thing. I am planning on asking Eric Geisert (editor) if he attends homecoming again.

I figured penis enlargment ads would do better in a CSX 4000 series magazine.

Brent
    427 SC Chassis #4279401
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

its always about the $$$$$. its too bad . brian

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Brent,

Great idea [^]!

I would encourage everyone to mention it to him, or to send him an email message voicing disaproval. I just did... This might stop it [8].

His eddress is: eric.geisert@primedia.com

This may not be his call, so be nice !

Also, tell him what you like about what he has done. There are some very positive changes to the magazine .

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

Unfortunately, Brian is correct.... it is all about the $$$$$. That's how they remain in business - just like newspapers. The ads pay the freight, although I do agree with your observation wholeheartedly. If they can't attract other advertisers you will be seeing all sorts of garbage. I'll weigh in with an e-mail.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Eric is a great guy, as Paul suggested, please be nice. He is a friend of Unique.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Of course it's about the money.....the money to stay in business and keep publishing the magazine. When you start seeing ads like that in magazines, it most likely means the magazine is operating on a shoestring, and they don't exactly have their choice of advertisers crawling all over each other to get space in KitCar.

What's funny about it is that advertisers attempt to pick an audience that is most likely to want what they're selling. I guess there must be enough KitCar readers falling for that kind of quackery. Do they advertise deer whistles too?

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

It's funny you guys bring this up. Since it struck me as "out of place" as well, I'm guessing everyone (car-nut viewers) thought the same thing. It would be interesting to know if the incremental ad revenue was worth the controversy.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

tony, sure it was worth it. anybody here gonna cancel their subscription? i doubt it, i know im not. later, brian.

Eric has nothing to do with the ads in his magazine but these ads don't bother me as much as the old Classic Roadster and CMC ads that ran for years, the magazine people knew what kind of buisness these companies were doing but because of the ad money continued to promote them as industry leaders. There is no telling how many people were screwed because of these ads. Eric will be here again this year and will pick a few cars for future feature stories. He has given us more press in the last year than we have had in the last 10 so be very nice to him.

Alan

Alan, I agree. Mags like that run on a shoe-string budget with such a small circulation, and they're just lucky to get paying advertisers. Eric is a good guy, and is lucky to have the job he does.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

I don't have any use for the penis extender or male labido stimulator, but if they would run an ad for a female mood enhancer, I might throw em some money since I don't seem to be able to do it naturally.

427SC, Torch Red / white stripes
    427 Windsor Stroker from Southern Automotive
    Delicious example of Beauty + Power.

pretty deep here, will consult with my dog, Professor Vernon Von Studebaker concerning these matters, for he is wise, Will-alabama

Yea Will, (Really DEEP) way over my head. Jerry