Thread: juanone 289 drivetrain 07

juanone 289 drivetrain 07

Today we did a few more little things to the engine and and it is becoming a very substantial looking assembly. Rick installed the Flywheel. Also we, mocked up and test fitted the Clutch, Pressure Plate and the newly painted Bellhousing. Notice in the photos below the Hydraulic Throwout Bearing. Also take a look at the closeups on the tool for alignment of the Clutch Disk to the Pressure Plate, see before and after photos.

We also installed a new water hose from Water Pump to Intake. Next task is for Rick to do all the measuring for a flawless installation of the Hydraulic Throwout Bearing and Transmission to the engine. The car should be painted this weekend and on to Unique for final assembly by Alan.

If things work out as planned we may have a car ready to have the engine installed by the end of June.

What do you all think of the build so far? Enjoy the photos.

New water hose.

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Really enjoying the updates ! Keep up the good work guys...

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

Juan, it looks good. I hope you are going to get that red paint off of the pressure plate fingers. I will be looking to check if you did if we can make it to Pigeon Forge this year.
    I'll bring my inspection camera.
    Just kidding.[)]
    Is that the slide on Hyd.TO bearing?

I can't wait to see your Cobra! Its going to be a sweet ride.

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Hi Tony:

What slide are you talking about? Please understand that Rick is really the one putting this engine together and I am merely reporting what is being done. But I am slowly learning. I will ask Rick.

I can't wait either for the car to be finished. I owned a Superformance before and all this work had been done by an Engine Builder, Eric Hinderberger, out of Cincinnati, so I learned very little to nothing during that engine build. This time watching over Rick's shoulder has given me a new perspective on Cobra ownership and participant in the build process.

I will continue reporting and hopefully I will learn something new every time I post on the progress of the build.

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

Juan,

I was just messing with you. It is the pictures of the clutch assembly through the bellhousing. When the pressure plate was painted they got some paint on the fingers that the throw out bearing pushes against to disengage the clutch. It probably wasn't noticable until the pressure plate was installed.
    You can see a line of red paint on the them. And it's no big deal I was just kidding around with you. You will never see it when the Car is together.
    Did the pressure plate come from the manufacture painted?

Tony

Hi Tony:

All this is new to me so bear with me, I'll catch on soon enough. Rick messes with me all the time and it takes me a while to catch on, but I'm getting better.

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

Juan,
    We are all here to learn something. I, and I think I can say for everybody on this web site, do not know everything.
    That is why I'm here, is to learn about things that I don't know about.
    The bonus is to meet people interested in the same thing you are and to start new friendships. Thinking of that: When is date for Pigeon Forge?
    We are hoping to make it there this year.
    Keep up the good work.
    Tony

It's a McLeod clutch disc and pressure Plate, and yes they come painted red. Good match!!

Rick

Juan-Rick--looks great, pictures coming Juan, doing greatly.Will-alabama