Thread: Pictures Needed Please! Weatherstrip / Prop Rod

Pictures Needed Please! Weatherstrip / Prop Rod

While delivering to the painters this weekend, we realized that our plans for weatherstripping the rear deck lid would impact how the painter prepared our body. Specifically, the height of the weather strip will determine how high the trunk sits when closed.

Also, the prop rod mounting that we use for the trunk will also need to be considered before paint...

If one of you guys with running cars wouldn't mind...I am looking for pictures of the finished weatherstripping and trunk prop rod setup.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, we went to our local auto parts store and they sold us some "Arkansas Weatherstrip" for the doors. I don't really like it and will opt for the stuff from Finish Line. Here's what it looked like when we test fit it...

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    I can see that smirk on your face in your shadow as you took the photo and cooked up this tale [:O]! Wiseguy

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

Brian,
    I used the ratchet style MG prop rod and mounted it to the bulkhead just above the tank.

It also limits the range of movement on raising the deck lid. Without a limit or some type of rubber stopper on the hinge the front of the decklid will hit the body if raised too far

I used the hollow bulb seal that came with the kit from Unique.

Have fun!

Brent
    427 SC Chassis #4279401
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

OK, the Arkansas weatherstrip was a joke, but I really do need pictures of the trunk seal and prop rod.

Brent...These are perfect, thanks much!

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car