Thread: juanone 289 carbuild 15

juanone 289 carbuild 15

The wedding has come and the marriage of chassis and body has taken place. For the sake of privacy I will not go into details of the honeymoon.

All kidding aside here are the latest pictures of the journey of my 289 Turnkey Minus build. We are on the downhill slide, any day now.

Enjoy

Its getting there Juan!

Alan and Muarice, Can I borrow that lift to put my body back on my chassie? Please

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Hi Tony:

What is the status of yours? You must also be getting close right?

Juan

Juan Lopez-Bonilla
    Kentucky Cobra Club
    2432 Crittenden Drive
    Suite 201
    Louisville, KY 40217
    502-635-5711
    juanlb@lbrllc.net

http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com

Looking good Juan..... but that's cheating! You're not suppose to use a lift! You have to put guys on all four corners, otherwise it's like getting married in Las Vegas (no mechanical devices allowed on the honeymoon)[8D]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Juan,
    Car should be in black primer. Didn't get a chance to call him today. He wants air conditioning in his shop. The heat and high humidity might be slowing him down. I might have to install the A/C to get him through the hot spell.

Phil, that's a good one. SBLOL (single burst laugh out load) kinda like a HHAAA!

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Juan,

I heard the wedding bells all the way down here in Orlando [8D][:X]!

Congratulations, it is really close to pick-up time.

Guys, what am I seeing in the back of the front wheelwell in the last photo, an air vent? I did not notice that before... [?][?][?]

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

That opening you are calling a vent is on all Unique cars, it is used to install the side vents. After their installation you can do whatever you want, cover them up, put wire grate or screen over them, ect. ect.

Rick

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Thanks Rick, I can't believe I missed that all these years [:O][B)].

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

Paul,

Rick is right on re: the vent in the wheel wells. Depending on where/when you drive you may want it have them open with some type of guard, or seal them off. I have been looking for louvers since building mine that are the correct shape and deflection (currently mine are covered with aluminum to avoid throwing "junk" into the engine compartment - the search continues).

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Rick,
    You mention above that the wheel well vent exists to facilitate installation of the side louvers. Is that true? I have seen these on real Shelby cars and have always understood them to exist for cooling of the headers and increased airflow out of the wheel well. I thought it was an authenticity addition on Unique's part. I can't quite envision how this would help with the louver install. Can you explain?

They don't exist on our car and I don't think we're missing anything, although I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

We use aluminized gutter screen, works and looks good. It also lets fresh air in the header area to help keep the engine bay cool.

Alan

Brian,

It greatly helps on the louver install, and you are also correct in that this opening was and is used on the original cars.
    Superformance uses it as there source for fresh air ducts to the cockpit.
    Much discussion I am sure about it helping on the engine cooling, don't see how it could hurt. If you ran in the rain it would be a direct source of water into the that area of the engine compartment. It really needs some kind of cover as it would be a good source of debris off the tires.
    For my "no rain car" I wish I would have used stainless steel mesh to cover the opening. May do that anyway.

Rick