Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have build updates?

Does anyone have build updates?

I'm going through withdraw sincw Juan picked up his car last week, and I amjust curious if anyone else has build updates?

Justin

my kit is being picked up this week (maybe today)and should be in boston by end of week. so far all i have to show is my expansion tank, some emblems, wind wings and a mirror.

Jim O.
    Unique 427 S/C #4279479
    SA 402FE,Toploader,
    3.53 Posi

Mississippi Gulf Coast and Central Florida
    Jim,

I suppose you could post photos of that stuff... but it just wouldn't be the same ! Bet you can't wait...

OK guys, update time [:O]!

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

yeah--ya,ll young folks keep us old folks in the loop, nothing like a build. Will-alabama

I attended the street rod nationals in Louisville this Sunday with Eliminator. After the show we took a short ride back to his house to view the Juanmobile. VERY nice car! The paint color is outstanding, the motor is very clean, the new Unique carpet kit is a huge improvement especially in the trunk area (more storage), the grill and the exhaust turned out great. Alan did a wonderful job of wiring the car. I do like the changes he made to the trunk wiring and how he ran it. The fit on the body panels and especially the doors were perfect. The top looked great and the fit was top notch. If anyone is thinking about a turn key minus due to a lack of ability or resources in their area, think no more, the workmanship is incredible. Alan and Maurice are damn talented! There was a Superformance turn key car at the show (460, stainless exhaust,top, all the options) and it looked VERY nice however, after looking at Juans car you really start to see the HUGE differences in the two cars. Juans car is a detailed reproduction of a Cobra. The Superformance is NOT.

Brent
    427 SC Chassis #4279401
    Candy Apple Red/White
    402 FE/Toploader/3.54

Hi Justin , I just went through the same symptoms that you are going through now . Juan also caused mine with his build pictures . I have a 427 car ordered . This was caused by Ralph Scott last year at the Shades of The Past in Pigion Forge . Ralph is a very nice guy and gave me my first ride in a Cobra . That was all it took . I visited the painter this past Friday to see the car painted . It is going back to Alabama today and could be ready for me to pick up some time next week . My problem I leave for Indonesia on Monday . I will have to wate 2 to 3 weeks knowing it is ready before i can go pick it up . I know the next few weeks will seem like a year . I will try to post pictures when I take delivery of my car .

Thanks again for the ride Ralph .

Rick Findley

Fredrick G. Findley , jr

Thanks Rick, I enjoy showing off the car. The Unique is the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned.

Please post some pics so we can share in your excitement. Good luck in Indonesia.

Ralph

Ralph , You are welcome . Unique cars are very good cars . This is one of the reasons we decided to buy a Unique . The car is not what sold me though . It was the way my wife and I were treated by the Weavers on our first trip to Alabama to see their operations . We felt like we were part of the family from the time we walked through the door. We stoped looking at other makers after the first trip to Unique .

Fredrick G. Findley , jr

Here are a few pictures of my car, recvd last tuesday.

thanks
    gearie jr
    427 sideoiler
    chasis# 4279476

Here are a couple more pictures. hope you enjoy, that's me checking her out for the first time.

thanks
    gearie jr

Here is one final pic, will not post anymore today, but this was too good to pass up, looks like santa just arrived from uniques factory.

Looking good Gearie. Still looking for the pillow that you use when you sleep with it

Ralph

With our body off to the painters, there seems to be a shortage of parts to work on. So, I improvised on what little I had left laying around the garage. A light polish on the gas tank and a new sending unit satisfied my need for at least one weekend.

How sick and wrong is that? It's under carpet for hell sakes!

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

I know Brian it is a nice piece. Build it the way you want to... I covered mine as I felt the stuff in the trunk would rattle a bit on the tank top and mess-up the tank looks. I certainly couldn't hear it rattle...

Ralph

Ralph

Looks great guys

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear

After I cleaned mine I shot it with Bed Liner Spray, that insulated it so it would keep the juice "cool".

Rick

HI GEARIE
    Could please post some interior cockpit pics of your car, it would be interesting to see this?
    thanks
    Adrian

Adrian,
    hope you enjoy, I'll try to get some dash pictures this weekend. I plan to finish all my wiring this weekend...I also made a fusebox bracket that mounts to the cowl, I planned to take pictures of it and post monday.

I hope this pictures show up, I'm having problems uploading files.

thanks
    gearie jr

Build Update:
    Today I picked up license plates - the car is licensed in the State of Washington as a '65 Cobra Roadster!
    I ordered side and rear mirrors today. That's the last things I can think of (besides insurance - later today) to keep me from driving the car hopefully next week!!!!

Paul

Paul,

Be careful [:O] and have fun [}][8D]!!!

Paul

289 FIA

408 Windsor

Toploader (wide)

3.07 rear