Thread: Tail of the Dragon - Aug 20

Tail of the Dragon - Aug 20

There will be a group of Cobras (10-20) running the "dragon" (aka 129, Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon) on Saturday August 20th. The plan is to meet at Fontana Dam (visitor center) and depart as a group at 1:00.

Those of us arriving from the North may join-up sooner and cruise over the Foothills Parkway on the way to the dam.

Anyone interested?

PS - I made a "pre-run" to shoot some pics and video, which can be seen here...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bondr/index.html

Rob

Rob
    Great vid
    Lonnie

Fontana Dam is one of my favorite places...beautiful and lots of memories. I wish this was planned for any other weekend, I would be there if possible. Have a great time. Loved the video.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Hey Rob, it's the "other" white Cobra here. I'm not sure I can make it but let me know where and when you will meet. I would really like to go.[:P][:P]

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

Steve--tail of dragon be wicked, was it bond or the fugitive running through the long pipe at fontana and jumped ?Be ye therefore respectful of the dragon, lest he awake and cast thine asp into the wood.Will-alabama

Dan - I will post definite meeting times and locations in the next day or two.

Will - Currently we have no plans of jumping of either of the dams, but who knows

Anyone is welcome, come out if you can.

PS - If you haven’t had a chance to drive the “Dragon” its something you won’t forget!

Rob

Rob-- have driven the dragon, remain fearful of the beast, however, i will button up my helmet and smite his tail once more, latch my harness, and the wood will hear the roar.Bedevil with the dragon, he is neverending.Hotdern.Will-alabama

[}]
    Will, it's TAIL of the Dragon....not TALE. See you !

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

I have compiled the most up-to-date information on where peopel are going to meet on Saturday. This info can be found in pdf form at...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bondr/index.html

It should be a good time!

Rob

All-so-ever contemplating the DRAGON, be ye therefore mindful of the dragon tomorrow.And in those days when ye have conquered the beast be prepared to tell us every word of the trip and it shall be inspiration unto us .Pictures, wow,Will-alabama

[V]I'm woosing....it's too dang HOT !!!!