Thread: aluminum oil cooler shroud

aluminum oil cooler shroud

I just bent my aluminum and it is temporarily in place, what are you guys using to hold these pieces in place, rivets?

thanks
    gearie jr.

Yes, rivets - I used the stripe as a guide to center the seam of the two pieces inside the nose, drilled, and pop-riveted in place.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

I used aircraft fastners called Kleko, they hold 1/8" drilled pieces together so you can fabricate and cut the parts. They use a special hand held tool to install and remove. When you get everything right just take the Kleko fastner out and put a more permanent pop rivet in, same 1/8" hole. They would be considered a temporary fastner.
    Kleko Clamps being used:

Kleko Fastners being used:

Rick

In the photos, notice the cool [8D]right angle drill. "There is no such thing as a tool that a guy doesn't need."[:P]

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

I went through two 90 degree drive attachments during my build and invest in Kelkos they are worth it for the aggravation they save when fitting the Al.

Ralph