Thread: Ford Concept

Ford Concept

I thought this looks really cool. How many characteristics from other cars do you see?

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

Awesome looking car[8D]

Scott
    SA 428
    3:54

Dan--a bunch,Will-alabama

Hmmm - first glance, the overall profile looks very, very much like they started with an Aston Martin Vanquish or DB/9. (Just Googled it, and that could be very likely since Ford owns them!)

Butt-end has the Daytona coupe look, with a little of the current Ford GT thrown in via the eggcrate grilles & exhaust styling.

Wheels look a bit like the ones run in Trans Am on some Mustangs.

I think Ford used a similar gas filler, but this one really jumps out to me as more reminiscent of a Charger or AMX/Javelin...

Cooling vents on front fender - upper takes cues from the Aston Martin, but the lower one evokes more of say, a ~'95ish model Vette.

Nice [^] - I'd love to see some front-end shots & technical info!

Zach Butterworth
    Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
    (Mom & Dad's 427)

Umm, isn't that the Ford concept car for the Daytona Coupe?

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

I don't realy care what it looks like.
    It twinkles.
    I want one.
    Mike

Mike Geddes

Looks Sexy, but I'll bet it has a price at least 3 times what it's worth.

Mabee Im just getting OLD but I am tired of all the electronic and power gagets they keep
    adding to cars that are suposed to help with driving them...
    if you can't drive it with out power everthing... maybe it is time for some new car designers... or it'is time to walk or take a bus.

That Spyder I just got running has no power assist, no electronics, everything mechanical... very simple 50's tech, just points, coil & carbs... and I enjoy driving it more than any car I have driven for years.

Work in Progress, Unique 427-9429 400+hp 351C Tremec 3550-2 5spd
    Coal Black no Stripes by Bruce, Greg & Jerry Porter Caldwell, Ohio

Casaleenie and I where drooling over one at the Cleveland auto show when he said 'You could pick up Nuns in that car'! Not that I want to pick up Nuns or anything

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

JerryBP - couldn't agree more regarding the electronics. Yes, I like how precisely they can run an engine, etc. But, see how much fun they are when lightning runs in on your vehicle! Lightning ran in on my wife's Jeep Cherokee (not a direct hit, just a good jolt) two months ago, and it just went back into the shop AGAIN! Burned the computer & fuel pump up, and now chasing hard starting problems (possibly from a faulty replacement pump).

Of course, a couple of her teacher-friends that she goes to the beach with every summer say that it can't be fixed. They think she should trade it on a Mustang GT convertible before next summer... I wonder if they don't have a voodoo doll version of a Jeep Cherokee...

Zach Butterworth
    Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
    (Mom & Dad's 427)

I remember that car from I think a Motor Trend magazine from 3 or 4 months ago. I believe it has the Shelby name on it somewere.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Best looking concept car that I've seen in a long time.
    The cool thing is that the designer is a young man who was given his dream shot on this project. The GR-1 development story was featured on the "Rides" TV show several months ago.
    This car has an excitingly raw animal quality with pureness of form.
    - Geary

Click on this link for pictures. It's been around for awhile, but it doesn't look like Ford has any interest in building it.

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...t=Ford+Concept

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Rod, you are the winner of this $200k proto !!!

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

Dan, Wow , Just load it back on that plane and send it to me.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Ford needs something to compete with the Z-06. That would make a great American LeMans car.

quote:Originally posted by spd4me

Ford needs something to compete with the Z-06. That would make a great American LeMans car.
    I couldn't agree more, but if I wait for a Ford Z06 equivalent at a similar price, I could easily be dead before it showed up. So, I have this coming in a few months.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD