Thread: The Most Unique Unique

The Most Unique Unique

If you guys know anyone or want a project...

I am selling a Premier Motorsports 427 style Cobra body. Several years ago Premier purchased their molds from Hi-Tech, so this body is one of the most accurate glass bodies around. Details of this body include fully rolled cockpit edges, 'flared' edges in the wheel well to simulate rolled aluminum, fully rolled under rocker returns, 'hoop and deck' style lids that appear as original, and a visible roll bar behind the driver seat.

Here's what you get:
    The body (currently without exhaust cutouts, I will add these if you want)
    Interior shell, not yet bonded into body.
    Trunk shell, not yet mounted into body.
    Hood and rear deck lid with hoops. Hoops are per original and need decks bonded to them.
    Hood scoop. Hood hole not currently cut, will cut if desired.
    Doors, inner and outer skins.
    Cowl hoop with door hinges, hinge mounting platforms, striker mounting platforms, dash mounting brackets, interior mounting brackets.
    S/C style rear braced roll bar
    Misc. hardware including hood hinge pivot, louvers, strikers, and possibly latches.
    Seams are rough finished, all cutouts will be completed if desired.

I'm looking for $2999 (obo) for the body and hardware as it sits. Body is located just north of Tulsa.

All bonding of interior shell, deck lids, mounting of doors, and seam finishing can be purchased for $1000. Full body work up to paint available as well.

Simply put, this body is awesome and a fantastic deal. It's incredibly accurate and well made. Make me an offer!

Will consider full and partial trades.

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Brian I am curious to know why you say the most unique unique, what does this body have to do with unique?

Alan

Wondering that myself?

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

You guys are right, this has nothing to do with Unique. But it could be used to make the 'most Unique Unique' if someone were inclined to take on a project. Same goes for any other maker.

Brian Carlson

I gues you stick all this on a Unique Frame.

Rick

Rick,
    It could be done without too much difficulty. When you think about it, all replica bodies retaining the original wheelbase, track dimensions, and cockpit placement should fit one another. All start out as an outer 'shell' that mimics the body of the vehicle. The real differences come when the cockpit and trunk sections are laminated in because then the considerations of mounting and suspension intrusion come into play. Since this body is still a shell and cockpit separately, modifications could easily be made. You don't have to look too far on this site to see much more radical modifications made to these cars...

Brian Carlson