Thread: Part 4- Footbox Rebuild

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rod, Great job.

Have you thought about what you're going to use to cover your foot boxes? Next time, I'm not going to carpet the floor of my foot boxes and just carpet the sides. Haven't decided whether to leave the floor a white fiberglass like the originals or to use Rhino Lining. I'll probably use Rhino Lining on the floor because it's not as slippery as fiberglass and Rhino Lining has a softer feel and is less slippery than the other bed linings. If the floor is too slippery, it will be tiring to drive the car as your heel will keep slipping on the slippery floor. You need some type of material on the floor to grab your heel a little to reduce leg/ankle fatigue.

If or when you get caught in the rain, you'll be glad you don't have carpet on the floor. Drill a couple of drain holes in the floor to let the water out. If you don't use carpet, it will dry and clean easier. Just let the mud, etc. dry and then wipe it out with a damp cloth.
    Jer

Thanks Jerry, I think I agree with you on the carpet issue. I plan to check out some of the linings you mentioned. As for the metal plate I haven't forgot it but it is not in place yet. I am actually going to use a different pedal assembly than the original so the mounting will be quite different, still working out the details on that one but I will have pictures soon.
    Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"