Thread: Flaming River Vibration Resistor

Flaming River Vibration Resistor

Met a Unique owner at the Reptile Roundup's high performance drivers school at the Gainesville speedway last Thursday who had purchased a Flaming River Vibration Resistor for his steering system. He said it eliminates the vibrations felt when your front tires hit a bump and it also 'tightens' the steering somewhat. He said Unique sells them. Has anyone tried this unit? What is involved in the installation? some shaft cutting? Looks real interesting. (The driver's school was outstanding. We must have done at least 80 laps of the 1 mile road racing course which has 8 turns and 3 straightaways. Had some skid pad time. 20 cobras for the school and about 50 the next day for open track time). The drivers school really gives you an appreciation for what the car can do from the standpoint of braking, acceleration, and cornering. Can't wait to do it again.

Drove my FIA up from Miami to Gainesville and the new Yokohama Avid ST tires worked very well. The front end shimmy I had with my old Dunlop's disappeared. After driving back from Ocala on Sunday I washed the car, and about 2 hours later, went for a ride!! Adios,
    Rick.

289 FIA, #9299, Viking Blue, 302 HO, T-5

Yes, Installed it and loved it. You can tell instantly and it gets better after a few miles.

Yokohamas and the vibration dampner make for a new car.

Brent

On the winter list for me too.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Bet that was Kent Berry from Bremen, GA, that you ran into at Gainesville. At the first cruise night in this area last spring, he was all fired up about the Flaming River pieces - said that it was one of the best things he'd ever done to the car. Saw him at the Alcazar Shrine show in Lineville, AL, the weekend before Gainesville - he said the Cobra was all packed up and ready to head to Florida. Sounds like y'all had a great time!

Zach Butterworth
    Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
    (Mom & Dad's 427)

Rick, Is this similar to what you are talking about?

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Rod, the fitting I saw was installed at the upper portion of the shaft. I'm going to contact Unique to order the unit in the next week.Rick

289 FIA, #9299, Viking Blue, 302 HO, T-5