Thread: FIA Dimension Needed

FIA Dimension Needed

Since our car is still at the paint shop I need help with a dimension from an FIA car...On the centerline of the car, I need the distance from the center of the hood gap to the nose of the car. This measurement would pass through a "Cobra" badge (with gold stars on it, of course) if the car had one. I also need the height of the body from bottom of the 'rocker' to the top of the car at the front edge of the door. Estimation due to the curves is unavoidable, and +/- 1/8 is fine. Thanks in advance!

Brian Carlson

Unique 9122 - 289 FIA Cobra - The Legendary "Spence" Car

Brian- My car from front hood gap to nose measures 24.25". The other measurement you want is not exactly clear to me, but I laid a strait edge across the highest point on both doors and then measured to the bottom of the rocker and get exactly 24". Hope this helps.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Rod,
    This is exactly what I was looking for...Thanks for taking the time. This is what I love about this forum!

Just to clarify my intentions, we're having meatballs painted on our car and I need to get some painting masks for the circles. I have a dimension from the original cars (19" diam) but didn't know how that would look. I can visually reference pictures of other cars with number plates using the dimensions and the locations you provided. Thanks again.

Brian Carlson

Brian and Rod,

I measured the distance on my FIA from the front hood gap to the tip of the nose using the Cobra medallion as the centerpoint and came up with 20". I also checked the door measurement and also came up with approximately 24". I rechecked the hood measurement several times to make sure ...

Bob

Sorry -my bad, I'm 20" as well

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Thanks again. I was really puzzled by the 24" dimension on the nose...Thanks for the clarification.

Brian Carlson