Thread: juanone 289 carbuild 24

juanone 289 carbuild 24

Well the time has come and tonight was the day of the maiden voyage. Rick and I took the car for the first drive and made some minor adjustments to ride height, fix some minor leaks. The car ran very well and smooth. A lot different than my old Superformance. This car seems more deliberate, more immediate. What an awesome ride. Now it is the time to fix the minor problems and then its off and running.

I will post better pictures when I have more time to really study the beautiful lines of this baby.

Enjoy

Juan- Your car looks fantastic, nice job.

Rod
    Roseville, Ca.
    289 FIA #9152 "The Flintstone Cobra"

Very nice indeed! [^]

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Juan congratulations it looks awesome. Great lighting on the pics really brings out the color. Your description -- "This car seems more deliberate, more immediate.-- captures the Unique experience. It is what I feel as well.

Ralph

Congratulations Juan! Very nice!

Paul
    Vancouver, Washington

Juan,

I am speechless........................................ ...

Before I read anything I saved the pictures.

That is a beautiful machine! I love it!

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

Juan--Son Zach will have a spell when he see,s these pictures.Sure is a beauty, can,t wait to see this one.So proud for you, and Rick, super job, take a break, a cool Bud and relax.Will-alabama

Beautiful!!!!

Open the hood and shoot some juan.

Brent

Thanks guys. Rick and I have had such a wonderful experience working on this car. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this was going to be such a great learning experience. Now I feel like I at least understand the car better. Rick has done such a fantastic job at getting this car road worth it. It really has taken a bit more time getting the car on the road than I expected but at least it was done extremely well, the wait was not in vain.

The engine sounds terrific and has more power than I will ever need. The toploader transmission is smooth. As soon as I get a chance I will post photos of the engine compartment, it really turned out special.

Thanks to all for your compliments

Juan -

Yep, Dad was right, I've pitched a fit! That is one fine vehicle![^] The smooth hood, wire wheels, undercar exhaust, grille - there's no denying what it is, but those seemingly "minor" changes give the car such a different character. A "black-tie" Cobra, if you will. Hmmmm...ever thought about "007" for a personalized license plate?

Already sent the thread link for the photos to Sandy so she can see.
    Of course, we have several years to resolve our differences on the matter, but she has her own ideas about any Cobra in our future. She keeps mentioning "a green version of The Orange One." [:O]

Zach Butterworth
    Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
    (Mom & Dad's 427)

Juan, It just occured to me do you have your Cobra tattoo yet? With the exhuast set up you will have to be hard pressed to get it on your car now.

Ralph

Juan,
    I have really enjoyed watching your car come together. When I saw the picture of your car today, all I could think is WOW! Zach said it best, this is the black-tie cobra.
    Tony, Yourself, Rick, Brent, Kelly, Phil and many others that I met at homecoming have built cars to such high standards of workmanship that I feel I have a lot to live up to once I pick up my car in December.
    Also, a big thank you for posting so many pictures of your build along the way, it is almost as if all of us got to build the car with you!

Justin

Simply STUNNING!!!!!!!!!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

It sure is.

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Very ,very nice!You should be proud.

Randy

Unique 289 FIA #2899420
    Southern Automotive 396
    Team III 16's
    Brilliant Silver