Thread: juanone 289 carbuild 26

juanone 289 carbuild 26

Finally home!!!!! October 20, 2005. Rick had the car ready to go yesterday afternoon and it runs smooth, and as my wife remarked when we took a little ride in it 'we can actually talk while we drive this car". Amen

Well this is probably the last time I am going to post photos of my car, for a while anyway, until something new is added or modified. I have enjoyed sharing my build with all of you guys. Your words of encouragement and compliments to me and Rick were much appreciated.

I am looking forward to sharing my car with you all at events like Homecoming or Shades of the Past. Until then, thanks for your warm welcome to this family.

I must say, you really have me thinking............it sure would be nice to have a true street Cobra like that. You're making me jealous, and I'm not the jealous type.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

It is a sweet ride! If I can't keep my wife out of my 427 I might be able to talk her into a 289 FIA. She likes the rollbar and sidepipes.
    She keeps asking when she can take it out. I tell her when I git all the bugs out of it and won't leave her stranded.
    Cruisin' together is alot of fun. And we can talk to each other.
    Juan your SPF must have been loud.

Clay or we can build you a 289 and I buy your 427.

Tony

Unique 427 #4279480 427s/o Nascar toploader 3.31 Jag IRS

It's certainly something to think about Tony!

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler (452.1-stroker), top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Jaun,
    What a beautiful, unique, Unique! Don't know that I've seen a steet model 289. Are you going to put the eblems on the nose, trunk lid and fenders?
    Walter

Clay:

I had a 427SC Superformance and I loved it but there is something very classy and understated about this 289 that only can be described, as jeepsnake says, a black tie Cobra.

You would look good with one of these.

Walter I started to put the emblems on and only got the two side emblems. I have to think about the nose and trunk.

Here is the car finally in the garage. This car does not have a bad angle. I will have to sleep in the garage tonight.

Juan

Excellent!!!

Jaun,
    Very clean and classy looking. Love those wire wheels.Excellent job fellows,paying attention to detail really pays off. hope to see you fellows at the next homecoming.

Yeah Juan, did I say, I just love that car? I'd probably do it exactly like that.

Clay

Annapolis, MD

Juan, nice, very nice. Some day I would like to tear mine down and do a restoration... when I do, I am considering full street trim. Simple lines, un-cluttered..... beautiful
    Rick

http://www.ohiocobraclub.com
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com

[8D] Soooo Cooool. It has an "un-mean and beautiful" look if there is such a thing for a Cobra. Clean and smooth...not even a hood scoop. I keep thinking it must have power steering and vac boost brakes.

How did it sleep last night, Juan.

Dan Fowler, better known in Kit Car as Don Flowers. *427SC *428MSG with goodies *Tremec *3:31 posi *Ford Performance White w/light stripes *Grey interior *completed 1999

Hi Dan:

I have been riding with such a high for the past few days since I got the car I forget what sleep is.

The car is just awesome.

Juan

Juan,

You just received the ultimate complement on your car.... my wife walked in as I was looking at this topic and said Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:O], that's a beautiful car!!!! Believe me... she is picky.

Phil

427 Roadster, #4279436
    Southern Automotive FE
    3:31 and Toploader

Roseville (N.Cal)

Hi Phil:

Please thank your wife for me for the compliment. The car is just awesome, I have only driven it one time, for a brief time, since bringing the car home, it has been raining here for the past few days. Come on sunshine.

Juan

Juan--we all knew it was going to be nice--but man--You and Rick have raised the bar.Come on homecoming, now this we gotta see. Congrats. buddy.Will-Joan-Zach-Cyrus-Jana--Alabama

WOW!!! Juan, every set of photos you post shows off an angle we haven't seen yet, and every angle seems to look even better somehow! Go ahead & laugh, but I'm very interested in the exhaust system. The photo made from down low in the garage shows the pipes well - they look wonderful by themselves! Stainless tube throughout?

Truly, truly, an outstanding car - no, a work of art - by you & Rick.[^] Find a fine men's store and purchase yourself a proper tweed jacket, wool touring cap, and fine leather gloves for driving this beauty - she deserves nothing less!

Zach Butterworth
    Apple Mt. Cobra Pit Crew
    (Mom & Dad's 427)

Hi Zach:

Thanks for the compliments, we truly love this car.

The exhaust system was silver ceramic coated throughout. One more thing to shine.
    Last edited by juanone; June 4th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.