I have enjoyed watching all the builds progress so much that I decided to do my own thread as well.
The motor finally arrived in Alabama last week and Alan sent me some pictures for me to drool over. I think I sent them to just about everyone I know
As far as the motor goes, it is a 424 cu in Windsor based small block. The internals are all forged pieces with an 11.25:1 comp ratio. After much debate, I decided to go with a hydraulic roller cam, but do the valvetrain with most of the parts the 5.0 racers are using to get more rpm without valve float.
The heads are Avenger 227s with 2.08 in and 1.60 exh valves. The intake is a ported Super Victor, topped off with a 850 annular Mighty Demon treated to road race floats. I'm not sure exactly how much power the motor makes, but FPS has seen this combination with 10.5:1 comp make as much as 608 HP, but I will not have the advantage of a large carb spacer or drag race oil pan. If I had to guess I think 560-580 would be a good estimant. A trip to the chassis dyno will be made once the car is together for tunning and a RWHP number.
Alan also sent me a picture of my FIA kit that the motor will go in. I can't wait until Dec 3rd, which is when I will be picking up my kit.

Justin