Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front & RearTie Down Brackets

Front & RearTie Down Brackets

One time or the other someone wanted to see the front tie down brackets that I installed during the build. Mine are made of Tool Steel with 7/16" Grade 8 bolts, and hardned NyLok Nuts and washers holding them to the cross member.

Rear Tie Downs

Rick

Rick,

On that lower A-arm on the driver side I see a little dust. R-U-Slacking? (-:

Brent

Brent,

I will get my Final Inspection and a clean cotton cloth and get after that this PM. Also the Fender Wells need scrubbing down, the Street Rod Nationals are only 10 days from now. Don't want to embarrass Alan and Maurice at the Booth.

Rick

Nice pic Rick, everytime you guys post a pic you answer a question for me which is great. I was worried about my Canton front sump oilpan working and low and behold you post a picture with one. Dont need to spend another 300$ for a rear sump pan Whew!

CJ, the Canton works fine, but you'll have to shave the Lakewood bellhousing to be flush with it, otherwise it'll be even lower. My car is set up lower than many....tires never rub, but with just enough clearance. I have about 3.5" of clearance, but you can never go over speed bumps since the pan and bell-housing are nearly in the middle of the car.

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

I like my mid-sump rail pan! No more speed bump issues even when the car was low enough the bottom of the oil cooler scoop was sitting low enough to sit on top of my foot.

Is that a dent I see in the oil filter? For shame! Maybe it is just the shadow from the bracket. Phew! Had me worried there for a while!

Nice tie down bracket. Heck even the bolts look to be the exact length required. We used to just strap down the tires. Although it would seen that the chassis would be a better spot.

Wow! You actually took the time to route the pipe through the front crossmember! Mine goes over the top. One piece though.

Rick

The tie down brackets are at an angle, I cross my straps in the front.
    Right Front Tie down on the car goes to the left front tie down in the trailer.

Rick

Rick, Did you get your trailer back?

Steve Foushee
    Unique #4279389

Trailer is back, looks like new. New Floor, put in 24" wide Diamond Plate instead of the 16" wide. All new R/F skin and trim and a new aluminum wheel and tire. So we are good to go, will use it for the Street Rod Nationals in a couple of weeks. Next big trip will be "Shades of the Past" at Pigeon Forge in September.

Rick

Rick, is there a website for that event?

Clay

'98 Unique #9299, 427FE side oiler, top-loader (close), 3.31 rear

Annapolis, MD

Rick what is that an oil stain on your oil filter? Looks too brown for a shadow. Tie downs look good. Also a nice shot of the wiring harness along the Canton pan and block flange.

Ralph

Clay,
    Should be a web site, do a search for Shades of the Past. It's a Street Rod Show but the Unique crowd has been going to it for some time.
    Ralph,
    No stain, yellow numbers on the K&N oil filter.

Rick

Rick, and clean numbers at that! Loved your harness pics on the other thread really clean! (except the radiator)

Ralph

all members im hoping start a kit soon im in michigan and i just got back from alabama i went down and talked to alan and i need to get some things around its called money i wold take any info you all have in doing this kit tips [etc]

Dean

good luck on your projects

Rick did you fab these up yourself or did you purchace them from the Weavers?

quote:Originally posted by eliminator

One time or the other someone wanted to see the front tie down brackets that I installed during the build. Mine are made of Tool Steel with 7/16" Grade 8 bolts, and hardned NyLok Nuts and washers holding them to the cross member.

Rear Tie Downs

Rick
    Unique 4279459

Front and Rear Tie Down Brackets

If you own a trailer you may want to fabricate some tie down brackets as pictured. If not the axle straps can be purchased and used, you need 4 of them. As mentioned, cris cross the straps to give the tie down added atability.
    I had these made up locally 1/4" steel and used grade 8 fastners on the front.
    Rick
    427 S/C , 427 Side-oiler, 4 Speed Close Ratio Top Loader, 3:73 Gear

Brent

Looks like a little too much rust on that brake rotor, suggest we gather up and give it a good going over for inadequacies-nomenclature delinquency at the homecoming. Hotdog--loking good Rick.Will-alabama

After reading this thread, I will NEVER post pictures of the undercarriage of my car.

Or the engine compartment......or heck, even close-ups of the exterior for that matter!
    Unique 289FIA - Chassis #9229 - Viking Blue

Russ

I just don,t open the hood, Will-alabama

bellhousing shaving - photos?

Rick and/or Clay - do you have any photos of your bellhousings? The one in our 289 car has NOT been shaved, and I've got to get it taken care of.

If not, no problem. I can take photos at Homecoming, as I'm not going to launch any big modification projects before then.

Thanks!
    Zach Butterworth
    289 FIA #9367